How long to wait/Plastics after revision

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/08 7:43 am - AZ
I'm gearing up for plastics but I revised from a band to sleeve 4 months ago.  I was at goal during the revision and I don't need to lose, I do need to gain a few pounds but what I'm wondering is how long after a sleeve do I want to wait before doing plastics?

I went to a plastics guy here in Phoenix and he said 3 months after revision, another guy I went to in Northern AZ said wait 1 year after revision to see how I do with a sleeve.

Suggestions anyone?

JRinAZ
on 10/1/08 11:21 am - Layton, UT
I'm curious as to why having a sleeve would make any difference?  Do you think they are most concerned with just having "any" additional surgery that soon afterwards?  I think that most post-ops are wondering about P.S. timing based on where they are weight-wise.  Since you have been at your goal weight (and much lower) for quite a while then the traditional worries aren't even there (stabilization...needing to lose more, etc)....

I've been working with 5 surgeon's for quite a long time and have just taken a new job with Dr. Mazaheri in Phoenix.  I "think" they would say that as long as your labs are stable and that your history of surgeries was without complication that you could go for it anytime!  I would not have been ready for any other surgery 4 months after my revision but then mine was a major invasive procedure compared to yours. 

Consider yet another opinion from another P.S.?  www.drmazaheri.com

I shopped around before my first p.s......I went to 8 consultations before deciding....

Good luck!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/08 11:25 am - AZ
Because with a sleeve coming out of surgery your stomach is about the size of a man's middle finger.  It takes about six months for it to stretch to the size of a small banana.  I'm at four months now.  I kinda want to work with it a bit after it stretches.

Also, my PS wants me to gain a few pounds before surgery, not sure i agree though.

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 4:21 am - Brampton, Canada
I had a tummy tuck and a breast lift after my first weight loss surgery back in /87.  I think it's smart to wait a year from your revision surgery to give your body time to recover.  Plus you will have optimal results if you have surgery when you are at the ideal weight you wish to maintain.
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 4:34 am - AZ
Do you recall if you had any difference in excess skin after three months at goal vs. a year at goal?

I'm getting mixed opinions on this from PS as well.

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 7:46 am - Brampton, Canada
I really don't remember, but I do know long term you will do best if you have no further weight fluctuations.   Also if you plan on having a baby you are better off waiting on the tummy tuck if possible.

I plan on probably getting a lower face/neck lift but will wait till I have been at goal over one year.  (May wait longer for financial reasons too.)
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 9:36 am - AZ
I'm going for another consult soon so I have more questions to ask.

Thanks so much for your help!

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/08 11:46 am - Brampton, Canada
If you haven't already be sure to check out this plastics site before your next consult.  I wish I had viewed this before my facelift consult several weeks ago as they give goold info to ask the surgeons.
http://www.plasticsurgery.org/patients_consumers/procedures/
Most Active