Plastics after Revision?

JRinAZ
on 10/1/08 1:58 am - Layton, UT
Just wondering if any of you have had more than one round of plastics and done o.k.?

I've had several abdominal surgeries and an extended TT 2 1/2 years ago.  My revision was the end of Dec and I've lost down below goal so have the saggy baggies again!  I'm scheduled for a lower body lift in early November.

What do you think?    I'm pushing protein grams to well over 100 per day to help my body with the upcoming healing.  I"ve increased my iron a bit as well.  Any plastic surgery post-ops with some opinions? Advice?

I'm going with Dr. Mazaheri in Scottsdale;  www.drmazaheri.com  He's done fabulous work on post weight loss friends.  I'm mostly excited but a tad bit nervous about another round of recovery!  As y'all know....my revision recovery was awful!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Paula Prichard
on 10/1/08 5:38 am - Kingman, AZ
I'm curious as to why you're not using Dr. Gitt?? I've had two rounds of plastics.  First was an anchor cut tummy tuck with hernia repair, second was brachioplasty, breast reduction and lift, and 11 liters of thigh,hip, and buttock lipo---ouchie.  I would say keep up with your fluids---that is what hurt me the most.  I had hellacious swelling and not drinking much didn't help pu**** out.  Stock up on ice bags!

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
JRinAZ
on 10/1/08 6:32 am - Layton, UT
Hiya there Cute Paula!
I've just always thought Dr. Mazaheri's work was exceptional and when a door opened wide making surgery with him possible; I GRABBED it!!!!   Some of my closest friends have had him do their work.  Their teeny tiny lines and tight smooth curves are very impressive.  He's right "for me".  ....Soooooooooooo, lots of fluids and lots of ice packs?  Will do!  ..... I don't think my surgery will include any lipo so it will mostly be the incisional stuff.
Joyce 

Paula Prichard
on 10/1/08 5:40 am - Kingman, AZ
Me, again! lol What specifically was so bad about your revision? Mine has to be open and I have to say that I'm totally freakin' out!!!!!!! My Open RNY was a ***** to recover from and I was off 4.5 weeks.  Was it the pain, mobility, gas, etc??? I see Dr. S. tomorrow to talk and schedule my surgery. 

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
JRinAZ
on 10/1/08 6:50 am - Layton, UT

Paula,
I had a 50 cm common channel for one thing.....(really drastic).....AND I had a chemical peel on my face at the same time!   It was seriously more painful than the open incision was!!!  When I came to, I was like trying to sit straight up in bed; tearing at my face and not even noticing any pain in the big ol incision area!  .........The revision problems actually kicked in a couple of days post-op.....my tummy would distend more and more as the day progressed....I looked like I was ready to deliver triplets by the end of the day.............and.............you can imagine that getting rid of that painful build-up was also painful to those in the entire city of Chandler!!!!  .........I was very weak for a long time....had some dizziness, fainting, low blood sugar, vomitting, non stop diahreah and lost weight a hundred miles an hour.   Hair fell out, lost my family, lost my job, lost my mind.....BUT.......I would have it done all over again!  LOL!  Really, I am yanking your chain a bit cuz I definitely didn't lose my family and I actually found a better job so the only things I really lost were my hair, my patience for some people and a ton of weight!!!!

Soooooooooo, now I'm below goal.  I take handfuls of vitamins and guzzle protein all day long.  I realize that I will be very high maintenance my entire life and that this particular set of troubles was the tradeoff I made for obesity and some of those related health problems.

I like to "tell my truth" which is different than anyone else's....just cuz I HATE it when someone (surgeon or Pollyanna Post-Op) tells us that we'll be able to eat ANYTHING we want and still lose weight and that the problems are minimal.  They certainly CAN be minimal but they can also be crappy like mine were.

I'm 9 months post-op and still have some issues......BUT, I have energy back, I'm able to workout again, I have the best life in the world and one of my biggest issues is finding stores that carry size 2's!!! (don't hurt me!!!!)

You will be fine!  Dont' be freaking out!  .......  Dr. S takes great care of his people.  In fact, I'm quite sure you'll be invited to his house for Thanksgiving with all of his other 9 zillion 4 51 family/patients!!!  He collects people and loves each one dearly.  He could be a rotten surgeon and still be loved!  But alas....he has the entire package!

Shoot me a pm if you ever need some cheerleading for your revision!  I"ll shoot you a pm if I need some cheerleading for my plastics!

Joyce 

Most Active