Insurance approved my revision

cuppyb
on 9/30/08 8:29 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
BCBS approved my revision from lap band to RNY

I am scheduled for October 28th.....the day before my birthday.  Guess that's one way to make sure I don't cheat with cake.   Starting the pre-op diet again on October 13th.  

My doctor's office faxed over 63 pages of info to the insurance company and they said BCBS almost didn't approve but they spoke with them and got the approval for me.   I've been having issues since February with my band and now I'm at the point tha****er and coffee come back up.  Some days I can eat a slice of pizza with no issues and other days I can't even drink water, and I've already been unfilled.  

Nervous about the procedure, but looking forward to the pb'ing going away.   

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

NeedhamGal
on 9/30/08 11:48 pm - MA
Hi..I had a conversion surgery from band to bypass the day before my birthday as well!
I am very happy with the RNY. Weight loss is slow but the scale does go in the right direction.
Eating is much easier....It is much easier to eat nutritious and healthy foods with the RNY than with the band.  I don't think I'm a dumper, but I really haven't pushed the envelope and had a sweet or a dessert.
Good luck ! Joan
cuppyb
on 10/1/08 12:19 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
Thank you.  

Had a tough day today.....couldn't even keep my coffee down.  Will be glad to just know that my beverages won't be an issue anymore. 

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

Most Active