UHC Revision Approval

mrsedaddy
on 9/30/08 3:25 am - Spring, TX
Received the word today that UHC approved the revision from Band to DS.  I do not know of the surgery date yet, but I'm pleased that things are moving in the right direction.  Just thought I'd share.
Arizonadck
on 9/30/08 3:42 am - Chicago, IL

Great news!!  Congratulations!!  Will the same doctor who did the band be doing the DS?  I'm having a revision (ERNY) on 10/14.    Hooray for both of us!  I wish you the best.  Keep us posted when you know the date!

mrsedaddy
on 9/30/08 4:17 am - Spring, TX
Yes, the same doctor will be doing the revision who did my band :)
MARCIAM
on 9/30/08 9:36 am - Sayville, NY
Congratulations and good luck to you!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Deanne K.
on 9/30/08 1:28 pm - Tucson, AZ
Congratulations for winning against UHC for your revision.  Great work!  I just had my revision 4 weeks ago.
Martin3
on 4/8/13 5:34 am

Hi I'm new to the revision boards! I had lapband in 2008 And recently had a slip an dilated pouch in which I've gained 25 if the 85 lost back. My surgeons office has submitted everything to uhc for approval and its killing me worrying if they are going to approve the revision to DS. It has been 6 business days and its still in review :-( I'm in alot if pain with the slipped band and no longer have fluid in it; I'm ready to start my next journey to getting back healthy!!! Anyone else have a long wait with uhc???

babsintx
on 10/1/08 3:47 am - GA
Hi and Congratulations!!

That is wonderful news!! You mentioned that the same doc who did your band is doing your DS? His profile said that he has only done 1 DS surgery. Have you been on the DS board? Once you have the approval, you can go to any surgeon who will take UHC. Thats what I did with my band to sleeve revision. I went to NYC to Dr. Roslin instead since he had lots of band, sleeve, DS and revisional experience. I was just curious since at least for me, I would be really nervous to have surgery with a doc who had only done one.

Babs

Most Active