Still no Kaiser Revision folks?

Cassandra77
on 9/29/08 10:08 am - Sacramento, CA

A while back I posted asking if there were any RNY folks who have sucessfully had a revision approved through Kaiser, and I received no response.  I was just trying my post again.

If anyone is out there, I'd love to hear from ya.

*Cassandra*

Ms Shell
on 9/30/08 3:22 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hey Cassandra,

Have you started the process by getting a referral to the bariatric people with your Kaiser?  I'm not a revision but I know of 2 ladies.  One was in my support meeting, she had a failed labband.  The other lady sent me a PM and I believe she had an RnY and had regained and was getting the referral to the Options program, but instead they told her she had to see the surgeon first because she already had surgery.

You never know right, but I'd definitely say you need to start with a referral from your PCP unless you still go to the bariatric unit for yearly check ups etc.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Cassandra77
on 10/1/08 10:09 am - Sacramento, CA
Thank you for your response.   No I haven't started the process yet.  Just wondering if anyone was successful getting a revision through them.
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/08 4:31 am - Sacramento Area, CA
Hey there, local gal.  I haven't heard of anyone yet, but I'm curious too....
Most Active