Restore procedure

sweetchef
on 9/29/08 12:11 am - West warwick, RI
Hi everyone!  So I had posted a little while back about having a consult with Dr. Lautz in Boston.  He scheduled me to have an endoscopy with Dr. Thompson and if conditions were right when he got in there he was going to make the opening at the bottom of my pouch small by injecting it with sclerotherapy drugs to make scarring. He says this will keep food in my stomach longer making me eat less..  Some people responded to my posts and they were calling this the Restore procedure.  Is that correct? I was under the impression the restore procedure was similiar to the Rose procedure.  Am I confused? (obviously) Anyone up for a posting a quick tutorial for me?  Oh FYI I was supposed to have this done last week but he became unavailable and now my new date is Nov. 3.  If this doesnt work or Dr. Thompson cant do it for some reason, Dr. Lautz said my only other option is to have a complete break down and rebuild of my RNY.  I wanted a band over my RNY but because my surgeon cut away my old stomach to prevent a fistula, he has no place to put the band. As always your help is appreciated.
Most Active