Questioning my decision for a revision.

mew6495
on 9/25/08 9:20 am - MI
 Well in one week from tomorrow I am scheduled for my ERNY.  I have been trying to get approved for this since May.  I have been looking forward to getting this done once and for all and up until this morning have been pretty excited about it.  For reasons unknown to me I woke up this morning questioning myself and my decision.  Not about the type of revision but if I should be going through it at all.  Typically this is not the norm for me.  Once I make my decision I plow ahead and don't look back.  I didn't question myself like this on my first WLS.  Anyone else have this reaction and then carried through and wish they wouldn't have?  
StacysMom
on 9/25/08 10:03 am, edited 9/25/08 1:35 pm
Deanne K.
on 9/25/08 3:44 pm - Tucson, AZ
Mew,
I think you are having a normal reaction to having this revision.  I know that I had some doubts, and others were able to put me at ease that I was doing the right thing and with the encouragement of my other Physicians as well were very supportive of my decision to have this surgery.  Make sure your PCP is on board with this a well.  Dr. Schlesinger will always be available to you.  Call him if you have questions and corncerns now before the surgery.  He will put you at ease and answer your questions.  So far, I don't regret doing this and I am only 3 weeks out from my surgery.  I will not kid you, it's not easy, but it gets better everyday.
Deanne 
Arizonadck
on 9/26/08 3:54 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Deanne,
How are you!  Is recovery real tough?  Where is your energy level at?  What is your diet like now - have you advanced beyond the soft foods yet?  I'm nervous.  I leave for AZ 2 weeks from tomorrow - my surgery is the 14th.  I'm more excited than nervous right now.  But I know once it gets closer that will change and the nerves will get worse.  Have you had any weight loss yet to report?  Are you still happy you had it done?  Thanks!  Take care!  Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 9/26/08 4:31 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Carolyn,
This recovery has been tougher than I anticipated.  My energy level is low-moderate.  My diet is pretty much back to normal foods.  Don't be nervous, it will be ok.  I am excited for you to get this done.  These 2 weeks will go very fast for you.  I have lost 15 lbs so far according to my PCP's scale, 10 per Dr. Schlesinger's 2 days earlier.  I am opting to use my PCP's scale, because his showed the highest weight I was between Dr. Schlesinger visits  HA! HA! 

I am very happy that I did this surgery.  I am having a little pain the last couple of days that have increased, which I don't think is right, but I have a call into him today, he's in surgery, but will call me sometime today. 
Deanne
Arizonadck
on 9/26/08 7:19 am - Chicago, IL
Deanne - what kind of pain is it - incisional?  Is it dull or sharp?  It's probably nothing - don't worry about it!!  Maybe just something you ate.  Please let me know what he says!  What kind of vitamin regiment are you on?  I'm gonna try to get everything in order the next week.  I would go by whichever scale has the best weight!!  Whether it's 10 or 15 - that's fabulous - good for you!!  Congrats.  Take care - and please let me know how you're doing.  Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 9/26/08 1:53 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Carolyn,
The pain is where the drain was taken out on Monday.  He thinks there may be fluid in there that needs to come out.  So hot compresses on the spot is what he ordered.  He doesn't seem to be worried about it.  I am taking the same vitamins that I was, additional multi that has ADEK at night.  No additional vitamins until after 3 months then he will pull blood and see where they are. 
Deanne
Arizonadck
on 9/27/08 1:21 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Deanne,
I'm glad the pain can be explained for and easy solution!  I hope it's smooth sailing for you the rest of your recuperation!  Take care!  Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 9/27/08 12:08 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Carolyn,
I am doing so much better today.  I think the hot compresses sure helped last night.  I am hoping that the recovery will go every better everyday.
Deanne
Arizonadck
on 9/28/08 5:54 am - Chicago, IL
Glad to hear it Deanne.  It's good to know that Dr. S can solve problems over the phone - since we live out of town it's not too easy to hop on a plane (especially if not feeling well).  Hope it's smooth sailing the rest of the way and you get stronger each day!!  Take care.  Carolyn
Most Active