Lap band removal question

allegra314
on 9/24/08 8:13 am - CA
can i ask why your taking it out? i'm not banded yet but hope to be soon. have you had many problems.

Good Luck
allegra

brandyII
on 9/24/08 8:22 am
Well there's always a small portion of people who a certain type of WLS will not work for and the lap band was mine.  I never lost weight on it and it's been over a year now.  There are some reflux problems but I was going to have it removed anyway.  There's no use keeping in something that's not doing any good.  Study up on it as much as you can and ask the questions of what it will and won't do for you and best of luck, brandyII.
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/08 12:44 am - AZ
I had a revision from band to sleeve and it does hurt more.  For me what hurt was where the port was.  That muscle burned like a bon fire was going on in there.  I'm sure it was just healing from the port removal.

The rest of recovery was easy but I had a great surgeon and that makes a difference.

brandyII
on 9/29/08 12:00 pm
Thanks for the info, I recently watched the lap band surgery again on you tube and watched how they actually put the port in so it doesn't surprise me that it may hurt a lot once they take it out and hopefully won't leave a sunken hole!  I'm not going to revise like a lot of bansters do, I'm hoping this will be my last surgery for a lonnnnng time!  I have faith in my surgeon and hope it goes smoothly and they don't find anything not expected in there!  Thanks and stay in good health, brandyII.
Most Active