Insurance said NOPE

mrsedaddy
on 9/23/08 12:36 am - Spring, TX
My doctor did a pre-authorization for the sleeve last week.  UHC came back and said that it was not "proven" to lose weight and said nope.  My second choice was the DS.  Just don't know what to do...
Monique H.
on 9/23/08 2:15 am
APPEAL APPEAL APPEAL. My doctor told me without me saying anything that if they denied me he would appeal. Good luck to you.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
babsintx
on 9/23/08 2:59 am - GA
Hi,

I have UHC and they paid for my revision. Much has to do with the surgeon who submits, what codes they use and how persistent you are with followup during the precertification process. You need to appeal since UHC is one of the more liberal companies out there and if they turned you down using the "experimental"lingo, you have a very good chance of getting it overturned. They used to do with the lapband as well back in the early days when I was banded.

Babs

Paula Prichard
on 9/23/08 4:08 am - Kingman, AZ
I had my first revision appealed...had my RNY pouch Banded....HATE IT.  Don't do that.  Anyway, I'd go for an extended RNY or the DS....just my two cents. :-)

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Most Active