Bathroom

ginau
on 9/22/08 11:54 am - mesa, AZ
YOU are too funny  - my answer are in color !!!

am scheduled for my revision with Dr. S on Oct. 3rd.  YIKES!   I have a few questions if you don't mind answering one (or in my case several!) more "ask Ginau" questions....  

1.  I believe you had mentioned once that you had issues with gas and runny stools the first several weeks out and that Dr. S. prescribed you something to help.  Or perhaps I am mistaken....but if he did, can you tell me what it was? Flagyl

2.  You, knowing Dr. S a little better then me....do you think he would be willing to send me home with a prescription of the meds listed in #1 above?  Of course I will talk to him about it during my next consult but just looking for your opinion.  Oh yeah !! He is a great  Dr

3.  I am traveling by car (3 to 4 day trip) one way.  Any advice you can give and tips on what I might look out for would be extremely appreciated. have pain meds on you before you leave hospital,  make sure you have a recliner  at hotel !!!  call ahead - if they dont  call me and I can tell you where to rent one.  also Ice packs and cooler in car .

4.  Now that you are a little farther out....are your stool issues still as severe or are they getting better? MUCHO Better !!!

5.  How do you handle the issues now that you are back at work?  Is there any one particular thing you do?   they changed my damn set at work - I need to sit closer to bathroom  not further.  ... actually its not that bad  - much easier to control  with time --- make sure to take a good 6-8 weeks off

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

mew6495
on 9/22/08 12:03 pm - MI
 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  I will take ALL your advice.  I do appreciate it!
RosieHawk
on 9/23/08 12:24 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Gina,  I'm totally curious now as I had no idea that RNY revisions experienced this!  So is the oily discharge common with all revisions like this?  I have a cc of 78 and what 80% malabsorption of fats and have never had oil in my panties.  What's different between us that I have no issues with more malabsorption? 

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

ginau
on 9/23/08 1:54 pm - mesa, AZ
Like anything in life , everyone is subject to differant issue's  I have 3 friends who also have had revisions and only 1 of the 3  have the oil slicks - Go Figure

I am just choosing to make the best of it !  I wanna be a big looser !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

blueyes711
on 9/23/08 3:16 pm - Chesterfield, MO
I am nearly 11 months out now and still have major exlosive diarrhea.  It is daily.  I do not eat carbs or refined sugar at all!

I hit 219 today.................wow.  what a milestone too.

phyllis
ginau
on 9/24/08 1:40 am - mesa, AZ
Wow  awesome !!!  I am dreaming of that day !

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

weightwatcher07
on 9/24/08 8:01 am - Dallas, TX
About how much did you loose each month.
Most Active