Bathroom

weightwatcher07
on 9/21/08 9:34 am - Dallas, TX
I had my revision 8/11/08 and I have been having frequents trips to the restroom after eating. Now I am having oily issues!!!! How long did you go through this because I am getting scared to leave the house with out extra clothes and my diet is not all fatty.
mew6495
on 9/21/08 9:42 am - MI
 What kind of revision did you have?  If it was an distal or ERNY, from what I am reading this is somewhat common for the first months.  Ginau and Joyce who post on this forum have had some experience with this.  You might want to PM them and ask for their advice on how they over came it.
ShielaC.
on 9/21/08 12:04 pm
 May I ask what tipe of revision you had?
weightwatcher07
on 9/22/08 9:15 am - Dallas, TX
I had rny in 2002 and had a revision  on 8/11 and he said he made my common channel shorter. My pouch was fine!!
ginau
on 9/22/08 4:03 am - mesa, AZ

Best to use some extra long pantyliners .  oily issue will stay with youa long time , Since your body  does not absorb fat - look for oil slicks ...

I did find that adding  more fiber to my diet  decreased some of the slicks.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

crystalbear61
on 9/22/08 8:59 am - Riverside, CA
I am 11 months out and I still have the oily issues and MANY trips to the bathroom. My Dr. said as long as you see the oil. the revision is working like it should. When I go places, I make sure I know where the lady's room is at.

Rose
ginau
on 9/22/08 9:08 am - mesa, AZ
Rose ... Thank YOU  !

you just made a great point !!  "EMBRACE THE OILY STOOLS !!!"   they are affirmation  or revisions working ! 

new attitude ...   " I love my oily stool "   

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

weightwatcher07
on 9/22/08 9:17 am - Dallas, TX
What does the bulk of your diet come from. I am trying to eat healthier and after getting the oily stools it make me not want to eat.
ginau
on 9/22/08 11:48 am - mesa, AZ
Protein, protein & more protein  since  having a common channel of 75 cm  and only absorbing 35-45% of what is eaten  I try for big numbers in protein.

Also  I  eat 2 slices of a high quality   high fiber bread ( not at one sitting )  since fiber acts like a sponge - it helps absorb.   also  high fiber fruits and veggies  ( Joyce gave me the 411 on all of this )

the more you can stay away from refined sugars , starch's etc  the better your weightloss will be .
Less gas  & bloating too !  dont like looking like a balloon

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

mew6495
on 9/22/08 10:15 am - MI
 Hi Ginau!  Love your ATTITUDE!  

I am scheduled for my revision with Dr. S on Oct. 3rd.  YIKES!   I have a few questions if you don't mind answering one (or in my case several!) more "ask Ginau" questions....  

1.  I believe you had mentioned once that you had issues with gas and runny stools the first several weeks out and that Dr. S. prescribed you something to help.  Or perhaps I am mistaken....but if he did, can you tell me what it was?

2.  You, knowing Dr. S a little better then me....do you think he would be willing to send me home with a prescription of the meds listed in #1 above?  Of course I will talk to him about it during my next consult but just looking for your opinion.

3.  I am traveling by car (3 to 4 day trip) one way.  Any advice you can give and tips on what I might look out for would be extremely appreciated.

4.  Now that you are a little farther out....are your stool issues still as severe or are they getting better?

5.  How do you handle the issues now that you are back at work?  Is there any one particular thing you do?

Sorry for so many questions.  I am just trying to prepare myself as much as possible prior to the surgery and trip.  Both mentally and physically.

I do appreciate any assistance you can give.  I think it's wonderful the way you openly share your experiences with us "ERNY underlings".  THANKS!

Most Active