Surgery Date 10/15/08_NERVOUS/BUT EXCITED

getinther
on 9/21/08 7:20 am - AL
My time is near.  I don''t remember being nervous the first time.  Any suggestions or ideas?
mew6495
on 9/21/08 9:53 am - MI
 I too am scheduled for my revision soon.  Oct. 03.  So I know exactly how you are feeling.  I even have moments when I second guess myself.  Take a couple of deep breaths....remember why you are choosing to do this and what it will be like once you are past the healing part.  Try not to dwell on it and keep yourself busy or involved in your day to day activities.  This might also be a good time to start preparing for the surgery and getting stuff done around your home so you have to deal with as least as possible when you come home.  Good Luck.  I am sure you will do fine.
getinther
on 9/25/08 10:38 pm - AL
Thanks, I appreciate that.  I am trying to get my cabinets organized and to stock on foods and everything.  Thanks, again!
vgrimli
on 9/23/08 6:50 am - Browns Valley, MN
My date is also 10-15-08. I am going from the lap band to the rny.  I too am nervous about this. I wasn't the first time either.  But I also look forward to this.  My new journey will be starting in less than a month.

db3784
on 9/23/08 7:47 am - garland, TX

my date is on 10-01 and i need some suggestions on this week of liquid diets...i am having a revision but i have never had to do a week of liquid diet before the surgery....HELP!!!!!

getinther
on 9/25/08 10:33 pm - AL
I've been told to stock up on clear broths, popscicles, pudding and yogurt!  Good luck!
getinther
on 9/25/08 10:36 pm - AL
I'm excited for you, but have to ask.  If you've lost 70 pounds and only have 53 to go, why are you having revision surgery?  I look forward to my new journey as well.  Good luck!
vgrimli
on 9/25/08 10:56 pm - Browns Valley, MN
I haven't updated my profile lately.  My first surgeon overfilled my band and caused lots of problems for me.  I switched to another doctor who has been working really hard to get the band to work again for me over the last 1 and 1/2.  We started out by removing all the fluid from the band.  I was doing fine the first two months, but then my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer and I ate what I should not have been eating.  Finally we got around to trying to refill the band, but every time he would put in a  small amount, I couldn't get anything down.  We tried lesser amoutns and it worked for a few weeks and then everything got stuck again.  So last May we decided the band just was not going to work and looked at alternatives.  He wanted to do the sleeve, but insurance said no.  During this entire time of 1 and 1/2 years I have put on almost all of the 70 pounds.  Not proud of that, but looking forward to a brighter future with a doctor that knows what he is doing and one I can trust.  He is there for me, not for numbers and statistics like the last one.

getinther
on 9/27/08 2:17 am - AL
I like your attitude!  Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/08 12:41 am - AZ
The band really is quite hard to work with.  I was able to lose 100% of my excess weight but it wasn't easy.  I couldn't tolerate fills either so I lost most of my weight with an underfilled or unfilled band.  I relate to everything you are saying.

Most Active