sclerotherapy

Peggy A.
on 9/21/08 1:21 am - The Villages, FL
Hi everyone. I am new at the message board so hope I am doing this correctly.I am sceduled to have endoscopic sclerotherapy soon and would love to hear from someone who has had this done.My original RNY was in 2002 and since then I have regained some weight.Am hoping thru !renewed dedication and this procedure I'll be able to get back on tract.Any input from you would be so appreciated.Thanks much!!   Peggy
-Butterfly-
on 9/25/08 1:36 pm, edited 9/25/08 1:37 pm
Hello Peggy!!

I had this done last month, and in 6 days I am going back for part 2.  So far I am thrilled  I had it done!  My appetite is majorly decreased and I stay full for about an hour, sometimes an hour and a half, depending on what I eat!  Before I had this done, I was only staying full about 15 to 20 minutes.  I CAN'T wait for part 2, I know that I will have major success with this procedure!  I have lost weight, but I don't know how much yet.  I will be weighed when I see my surgeon for my follow up! 

I do need to warn you though, when I woke up my throat was killing me!  It felt like there was broken glass all down my throat, it was sore for the next couple days.  GET sugar free POPSICLES!!!!  They help a lot, and you won't be able to eat anything but liquid for a couple days anyway.

Good luck, I am excited for you!!!

God Bless
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs
Back up to 400 lbs - 2008

Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part one - 9/2/08
Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part two - 10/10/08
Peggy A.
on 9/25/08 11:07 pm - The Villages, FL
Oh, I was so excited to hear from you as I get no replys about this procedure. I was really getting paniced!!!! I'm scheduled to have it done next Friday and I'm such a "fraidy cat" that I need all the encouragement out there. You were competely asleep,weren't you???Where did you have your sclerotherapy procedure done?? Hope to hear from you soon........ Thanks ,Peggy
-Butterfly-
on 9/26/08 1:32 am, edited 9/26/08 1:36 am
I would have answered you sooner, but yesterday was the first day I was on here in a while. Sorry that you went so long with out a reply!

I assure you, it was nothing to be scared of!!!  Yes, you go to sleep and they monitor you closely. I met my anesthesiologist before my procedure and he assured me he was going to take care of me.  He asked me some questions and then they came and wheeled me into my room.  They hooked me up to a heart monitor, inserted my IV and put that annoying oxygen tube thing under my nose. They answered all the questions I had and I felt pretty calm after they talked to me.  They put a mouth guard into my mouth, it feels very strange having your mouth open and everyone looking at you. But, it was a comfortable thing, no pain at all. 

When my surgeon came in, he assured me I would be ok, then they asked me if I was ready, I nodded and then I remember feeling very sleepy and relaxed.  I felt nothing until I woke up, and like I said there is some throat pain.  Just make sure you have some Popsicles and you will make it through!  Don't worry, it wasn't scary and I am looking forward to my next one.  I feel SO much different now, I am thrilled to death that I actually stay full again, like I did after my surgery!!!  I know I will feel even fuller, longer, with this next one! 

You will be ok, just take a deep breath and focus on feeling full and losing weight!!!!

~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs
Back up to 400 lbs - 2008

Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part one - 9/2/08
Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part two - 10/10/08
Most Active