Moving ahead to Revision...I hope

SheriAZ
on 9/20/08 5:31 am
Well all of my pre-op tests are done and all looks well. I guess I am still confused as I am sure many are. I had the swallow tests done and my chatty radiologists kept telling me that my pouch looked just like it should. I assumed that meant that it wasn't stretched out. This tells me that I didn't mess things up as I thought I did. I keep reading so many postings and like so many others I was ashamed and embarrassed and blaming myself for my weight re-gain.

I spoke with Jen and she is submitting paperwork to both of my insurance companies and I hope to hear soon. My problem is that since I am a teacher I have to do this during Christmas vacation so that I have time to heal for a few weeks before the new year but now that I see it as a possiblity I am soooooooooooooo excited. The last piece of paper needed is from the Pscyh Dr. I am still not sure what that one is for though but at least that one should be easy.

Now we play the waiting game. I am just so grateful for finding this site because without it I would still be so miserable. This is where I found Dr. S and all of the wonderful and informative people and the great advise.

Sheri
mew6495
on 9/20/08 9:03 am - MI
 Hello SheriAZ,

Congratulations on making it through these next steps.  I to am having a revision with Dr S. on Oct. 3rd.  Have patience and hang in there.  It will happen for you probably quicker then you think.  The Dr wants the psych exam to ensure you have the capability of fully understanding what having wls means and the changes you will have to make because of it.  He also wants to make sure there is no severe disorders present like extreme bipolarism and such.  I am sure you will do great.

The waiting is the hardest part.  But be warned, once it starts happening, it happens extremely fast so be prepared.

You have picked a great surgeon.  Good luck to you on your journey.  I will send a prayer your way.
Most Active