Revision. DS, ERny, and your new common channel length?

stacyrockette
on 9/17/08 5:38 am - New York, NY
Hello All,

I hope all is well. I am a newbie so if i ask something silly or too personal I apologize in advance.

DS's, ERny's, First timer's, and Revisions... What is your common channel length?

I had the RNY in 1998 and sadly I have regained all of my weight bac****pt it off for about 7 years it wasn't easy, but with diet, diet pills, and personal trainers i struggled, but end the end I failed..

I am thinking I don't want to be here again (weight wise) so I was wondering how short your common channel and how has it helped you with long term weight lose?

Please forgive me but I think i would rather fight at the other end of the WLS spectrum. (Trying to kepp weight on as opposed to battling to keep it off).

Last thing. LOL... Does anyone know if there are any ERny docs in the NY, NJ, Or PA area?
I heard about Dr. S., but he is in Az.?

Thank you so very much in advance?

Take Care,

Stacye

happy girl
on 9/18/08 7:11 am
I have a distal RNY with a 100cm common channel

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

ShielaC.
on 9/18/08 11:10 am
 go to www.asbs.org and click on "patients" then from the menu, choose "find a member" - it will take you to a page where you can put in the surgery you want and your zip code and it will find a list of dr's  you can go to.  The abbreviations for the srugery's are different than you see on here, but there is one called "REV" which means revision.   I also think the BPD or BPD/DS dr's would know how to do an ERNY because they deal with cutting the intestines and the ERNY is similar to the bottom half of a DS (the top half of a DS is a gastric sleeve, the RNY is a pouch).
Most Active