BCBS of GA - Revision

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/08 11:51 pm

Hi. I would like to hear from anyone who has had a revision with BCBS of GA. I will post a link to my policy below. The docs office is telling me that I don't have to do any of the stuff that a first surgery would do, such as the psych exam, etc. That I only need documentation of a mechanical failure with my original surgery. I'm hoping this is true, but I'm really worried. I don't want to submit without enough info and have insurance deny me.

Please help calm my nerves anyone who knows!!

http://www.bcbsga.com/medicalpolicies/policies/mp_pw_a053317 .htm

Thanks!!
Jill
M. Hall
on 9/17/08 2:50 am - Norcross, GA
Hi Jill they are telling you the truth. I have BCBS of GA and I had a revision on June 17th and I didnt have to do any of the things that I had to do with the first surgery(diet, nutritionist, physchiatrist etc). It was easier than I thought. You only submit the mechanical failure and as long as that is legit then your good to go. So good luck and stop thinking bad thoughts, if its meant to be then it will happen. After submission of paperwork the representative from BCBS called before my Doc did and told me I was approved/ It took maybe 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/08 3:00 am
Thank you so much for telling me that. I have been torn up over it. I'm so nervous!! Can't help it. Can I ask what your mechanical failure was? If you don't mind?

Jill
M. Hall
on 9/17/08 10:12 am - Norcross, GA
Your welcome Jill! We are here for support. My mechanical failure was a fistula. I didnt even know what a fistula was before I had to have revision surgery. Again good luck and please keep in contact to let us know how its going.
4synergy4me
on 9/18/08 9:41 pm - norcross, GA
I had surgery in 2000 and need a revision.  Can you refer  doctor in the Atlanta area?
singing_sandy
on 9/17/08 9:55 am - Maumelle, AR
Well, I never thought that almost 6 years since RouNY that I would be writting this but it has been a very LONG journey. I went from 360 down to 212 and I was pretty happy with that and figured that I would get down to around 180.  That never happened.  The last three years has brought us through a move from LA, cancer treatment for my husband, and then more surgery and recovery for him.  Yep, I've been stressed and have regained about 55 pounds.  I don't want to regain any more weight back....I want to lose this weight and have plastic surgery to get rid of all of this excess FAT.  If anyone has been through this, particularly in Little Rock, AR, please post and let me know if you have had revision surgery and who you used.  I have just found out about Revision surgery and I don't know if it is something that I should do or not as I'm not up on the ins and outs (so to speak) of this surgery.    I need a guide. 

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer,
Sandy
Most Active