Meritain Insurance Anyone??

KIMMAD
on 9/16/08 8:58 am - IN

Does anyone have any experience with Meritain insurance??  My husband just changed jobs and i've just learned that this is our new provider.  I spoke with a customer service rep to ask if they cover WLS revisions and I was told if it was "medically necessary".  So I proceeded to make an appointment with Dr. Inmans office and after they contacted my insurance, they were told that my insurance does not cover WLS revision.  I then contacted the insurance company and was told my policy "excludes" obesity as a diagnosis for treatment.    HOWEVER, there may be an exception for morbid obesity.  (duh!!)  The woman from the insurance company was extremely vague on conditions for WLS and I then asked for all the criteria IN WRITING and she said they don't have anything in writing!!!!  I need to see the physician, self pay of course, and then have the office contact the insurance company to see if they will indeed even cover any testing to even check for co-morbids.  I have a feeling this is going to be one heck of a journey.....an all uphill battle!!!  If anyone else has had any experience with Meritain PLEASE let me know!!!  I would love any tips, advice, insight......  Thanks to all!!!     

Most Active