Uncontrollable vomiting and nausea...anyone??

Arizonadck
on 9/19/08 8:17 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Deanne,
Glad you're doing better!  So did you put vanilla ice cream in your root beer float or some protein mix?  I'm just no good at this!!  Have a blast this weekend!!  I really wish I could go!  Next year if there's one I'll plan on attending!  Again - have fun.  Say hi to Jeanna and Joan and Jen!! 
Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 9/22/08 12:45 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Carolyn,
I use flat root beer and GNC 100% Whey protein vanilla and put ice in it and blend it up in my magic bullet. 
We had a good time at the conference and I got to meet so many of the people here on this board.  It's so much fun to see everyone.
Deanne
Arizonadck
on 9/23/08 9:58 am - Chicago, IL
Sounds like the event was fun - maybe if they have one next year I will go - would love to meet everyone!  Did anyone take pictures?  Maybe you could post them here?  (Of course, maybe some people don't want there picture out there...)  How's your recuperation going?  Any more problems is drinking all the water solving that?  Getting stronger every day?   It's been 3 weeks for you - do you think it's going to take another 3 weeks?  I'm hoping to get back to work after 4 weeks .  How did you do on the drive? I'm hoping it gets cooler before I go - 101 is too hot for me!  Take care Deanne!  Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 9/23/08 1:37 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Carolyn,
The even was fun, but a bit exhausting for me.  I didn't get pictures, but Jeremy Gentles from OH got some of the photo's.  He sometimes posts them that you can look at and then order if you want them.  Recuperatiion is going better.  I haven't had as much trouble with the water and seems that everything is now on track.  I am getting stronger every day but it has been a rough recovery as it takes it all out of you.  It really has kicked my butt and it's been hard.  I am hoping that being off 3 more weeks that I will be strong enough to return to work on the 15th.  I know I would not be ready to go back to work next week.  I took 6 weeks off, and I sure am glad I did that.  It is supposed to cool down a bit real soon, but it's not really that bad.  What day again is your surgery?
Deanne
Arizonadck
on 9/24/08 9:10 am - Chicago, IL
Does Jeremy advertise that he has the pictures?  If not, is he a member on here?  Glad you're feeling better.  Has this recuperation been harder than your original bypass?  I guess I thought it would be easier - don't know why...  That's why I only asked for 4 weeks off work.  I might have to mention to my boss that I may need another week. I hate to because we're so busy.  I'm glad you're doing better!  My surgery is Oct. 14th - 3 weeks from yesterday - yikes!!  I hope it does cool down - I don't do well in severe heat.  Thanks Deanne!  Take care of yourself and keep us posted!  Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 9/24/08 12:46 pm - Tucson, AZ
Carolyn,
Jeremy Gentles is an OH staff member.  He usually posts the picture on his profile or somewhere on here.  I can't remember where.  Yes, this surgery has been way harder than my original bypass.  It really is not easier as far as my opinion of it.  You might need more time, but just take it one day at a time.  Travel may take alot out of you, so I hope you have set aside some time to recover from the drive.  I will be up to see Dr. Schlesinger on the 13th for my 6 week checkup and release back to work.  I think within the next 3 weeks the temps will usually drop this time of year somewhat.  I know about the heat,  I am like you, I don't do well in it.  You kind of like an opposite hemit here in Arizona.  Take all the time you can to get rested up and prepare yourself for the change in your life.
Deanne
M. Hall
on 9/17/08 2:58 am - Norcross, GA
Now I dont know if you should be doing it still this far out but during my first surgery in 2002 RNY I had theexact same thing happen to me. My Doc said it had to do with my saliva buildup. Your making the same amount of saliva as you would before the surgery even though you eat less. So the saliva is just building up and once you have so much buildup its just sitting there. Now that I havd my revision in June 2008 I still do it sometimes and I had my pouch redone, a band put on, and extended common chanel so the saliva buildup is definely a problem every now and then.
mehelga
on 9/17/08 10:19 am - Merced
I did fine the first 2 weeks--week 3 things started coming up again.  I wake up nauseous and know that I can't eat until the grouchy pouchy settles downs--usually about 1 or 2 in the afternoon.  My after care nurse had me cut back on my fluids yesterday since that amount of liquid can make you puke and so far today it is better. 

When I do throw up it take about 5 or 10 minutesafter starting to eat or drink--so I am 2 or 3 bites in.  First I feel "full"--that means stop.  If I continue, I burp, have the foamies and end up in the bathroom or stopping beside the road and opening my door.  Sometimes I continue for hours and end up with dry heaves.  Composine does stop it if I can keep the pill down long enough.  I have a bucket beside the bed and can get to a sink or a bathroom quickly in my house.  The outside world is harder and I cannot predict whether the egg I tolerated well one day will stay today.  The after care nurse said that just happens and  I should get better.  You sound like you are more severe--but this puking thing keeps me wondering if I am ever going to be normal.  Hope you feel better real soon--and check for the stricture if you react to food and liquids all the time by vomitting.  Helga
Most Active