If u were to do it over Lap band vs. all others

Nancy B.
on 10/1/08 8:38 am - West Memphis, AR

Hi All,

Im going to throw my 2 cents in also : )  It is such a personal choice that you need to read and consider each out come, pro & con for each surgery.  I myself have the lap band and have been banded since June 10th of this year and I am down 80lbs.  I truly love my band but we also had to pay a large sum of money bc insurance only paid for part of it.  So Im going to make this damn thing work regardless   The band is a tool that you have to comply with in order for it to truly work. There is fine tuning that has to be done to the band so if your not into going to the Dr for follow up care often, the band isnt for you.    I know there are problems that could arrise from the band but there are also problems with most WLS.  It such a personal decision and dont let anyone but yourself make the decision.  I wish you the best with your decision!  Not on the Band wagon, just wanted to share my thoughts!  Everyone have a great night !

Nancy B.  Banded June 10th, 2008 & Loving It~~

Lilypie - (sStA)

charleston-mom
on 10/6/08 11:21 pm
I had a lapband - worst thing I ever did. Slips, vomiting, erosion, lack of weight loss. Had a revision to RNY one year ago and have lost 135 pounds. Having had both, I recommend the RNY MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lifedancer59
on 10/7/08 2:14 am
Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.  Will be doing alot of homework. 

Katrina B.
on 10/7/08 9:54 am - Prestonsburg, KY

DS is the best for long term weight loss. Please check out the DS board. You probably won't find one person who isn't satisfied.

Katrina

Most Active