One Wee****il My Surgery & Having Doubts...

MARCIAM
on 9/15/08 3:37 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks very much! I was just having a bit of a melt down.  I guess it is normal to be nervous. I spoke to my surgeon today and I now feel much better.  Tomorrow I go for my pre-op testing.  Thank you for the support!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Monique H.
on 9/17/08 1:11 am
Hondurian Queen,

Sorry to jump in like this, but I've tried going to your profile a couple of times to send you a message and couldn't. I'm just curious as to what revision you had. If I'm not mistaken it was just a little while ago and you are almost at goal. Congratulations to you! Would you mind sharing your story with me? I love to hear what successful people have been through.
Monique
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
brandyII
on 9/15/08 4:22 pm
Good luck to you Marcia,

I think I spoke to you here a while back when I was considering getting a revision.  I got my band over a year ago and it never worked for me and now I'm suffering with reflux and possibly other issues and hoping to get the band out soon.  So it was not what I expected and it seemed to go downhill from there.  I have decided not to get a revision and if I lose weight great, if not it won't be te end of the world for me.

My daughter had the RNY done last May and has dropped over 100 lbs since her pre-op diet in April of this year.   So I think you can see there's a big difference in our outcomes.  Actually she was probalby the smarter of the two of us and I had originally chickened out by getting the band instead of the RNY.

So I hope things go well for you and you remain healthy, brandyII.
MARCIAM
on 9/15/08 11:46 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks Brandy! I was just having a little melt down the other night.  I am sure that if I don't get this revision that it is only a matter of time before all of my breathing problems, high blood pressure, diabetes etc. all come back. I need to do this for my health. The band works great for some people but obviously not for us.  My husband had RNY 2 weeks before my banding. He is at goal and has been for a long time. He had no comπlications.  I got the band because I was afraid of the RNY.  I am not going to allow fear to keep me from living a normal life.
Good luck to you!

RNY on 9/22/08

Arizonadck
on 9/16/08 3:07 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Marcia - How did the pre-op tests go today?  Did you talk w/anyone today about your concerns?  Take care!  2nd-guessing yourself is normal.  And as someone else said, I too was wondering if I was doing the right thing when they were wheeling me to surgery!  We all have melt-downs --- just always make sure you talk to someone to help pull you thru!  Take care!  Can't wait to hear how it went!  Carolyn
MARCIAM
on 9/16/08 2:11 pm - Sayville, NY
The pre-op test went just fine.  I also spoke to my surgeon and I feel much better about everything.  Thanks for asking!
RNY on 9/22/08

Arizonadck
on 9/16/08 11:14 pm - Chicago, IL
Yeah!  Did he offer any insight as to the breathing problem and if they will do anything different to avoid it happening again?  So do you think you'll go ahead with the revision on Monday?  Whatever you decide on your own is the right decision - just remember that!!
MARCIAM
on 9/17/08 11:59 am, edited 9/17/08 11:59 am - Sayville, NY
My friend works in the recovery room.  She is recommending an anesthesiologist for me.  That has really put my mind at ease. I am definately going ahead!
RNY on 9/22/08

PekinSal
on 9/16/08 1:44 am - UK
Hi Marcia

You're only as old as the man you'd like to feel!

I wondered though if it would help to do breathing exercises in advance of the surgery? I've heard other people say this, but I don't know what you do or whether it would help in your case - perhaps ask your PCP?

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

MARCIAM
on 9/17/08 12:02 pm - Sayville, NY
My surgeon said that my problem was caused by swelling from the anesthesia.  He promised that it won't happen again...

Your post made me laugh! Thank you so much!

RNY on 9/22/08

Most Active