weightloss pills after bypass

dboys3
on 9/13/08 10:06 am - charlottesville, VA
Has anyone ever taken any weightloss pill after bypass to loos the gained weight or the last few pounds?  i am 4 years out and have gained 40 pounds back.  i still eat small amounts but have gained the weight to taking lots of different estrogen pills and replacements due to menopause (i am 37). dr thinks that the surgery has made this come early for me. 
ginau
on 9/14/08 12:20 am - mesa, AZ
I would be very carefull taking water pills of any sort ,  is your Dr suggesting them ?  Do you have fluid building up around your ankles and heart ?  Blood pressure problems ?  you could be asking for more trouble than  just loosing a few lbs . 

If you think you have water weight gain - how about a natural diuretic like a tea? 

and  you might want to schedule a check up with your Bariatric Dr .  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

dboys3
on 9/15/08 7:46 am - charlottesville, VA
it is no****er pills.  it is weightloss pills. i have no fluid build up or any problems.  i also can not drink tea because i have become severly anemic, iron deficent, and very low on b-12.  tea causes iron not to absorb in the body properly.  here is a little history.  i had my by pass in november 2003, became deathly ill in july 2004 found out that i was pregnant as well (birth control did not work due to weight loss).  found out that i had an e coli bacterial infection in my body (believed to be from surgery but not proven).  had emergency c section in march 2005 with a artery tear.  since then i have not had any weight loss, have iron infusions yearly, b-12 monthly.  all of this has also sent me into menopause and now on hormone replacement.  trying several differently types of hormone pills has made me gain about 40lbs (10 with each type).  i still eat minimal amounts of food, no fats, no sodas, i walk 1-2 miles daily along with having 4 kids and 2 jobs.  i just want something to get the extra weigt that i have gained off.  i also had my tummy tuck in january 2006.  i am going back to see if they will (insurance) will pay for my legs to be done.  this is getting depressing.  thanks for answering.
neicey
on 9/18/08 1:42 pm - TOLEDO, OH
Excellent question!!! I almost bought Trimspa tonight at the store. I have tried ALLI and had some success. Then I also tried the green tea stuff and that helped also but not to the great extent that I am looking for. I went to the surgeon to see about a revision to my RNY and he suggest I should just do it on my own. So I am giving diet pills a second look.

Let me know if anyone else has tried anything.
KRWaters
on 9/19/08 2:03 pm - Manteca, CA
Check out the DS. Do NOT listen to your RnY surgeon or lapband surgeon. If they do not do the DS, they are not telling you the truth. A couple of docs on Michigan's west coast, Dr. Kemmeter or Foote do revisions to the DS. Call their office. Dr. Hares in Royal Oak/Clawson area, Dr. Lutryzowski in Rochester Hills or thereabouts all do revisions to DS. DS will give you the best outcome for our money and you will be so happy. I wouldn't give up before checking on this awinspiring surgery.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

ginau
on 9/19/08 11:08 pm - mesa, AZ
My bad, where I go****er pill from ???  weightloss Pills are none better, afterall  quite a few contain ephedra or ephedra like components - and thats what Met is made from , I still believe they could do a lot of damage to your heart.  I would seriously only  do a medically supervised  weightloss pill, that way you have a Dr knowing whats going on if you have any problems .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active