AHAH MOMENT

Deanne K.
on 9/10/08 10:28 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi All,
I am now 1 week post op from my revision surgery and I am now down below 200 again!!!!!!!

I haven't been down this far in over 2 years.  I am so happy to see the scale going down again.
Gwynn M.
on 9/10/08 11:33 am - Tucson, AZ

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!  YAHOOOOOO!  Dang girl!!  That was fast!! GREAT JOB!
You back in Tucson yet??  I'm so glad that you're doing SO GOOD!!  Hope you're FEELIN' just as GOOD!!  WOWWWWWWEEEEE.....LOL, wow!!

Talk to you soon,
Gwynn

Deanne K.
on 9/11/08 3:00 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Gwynn,
I am not home yet.  I have some redness around the incision so I see Dr. Schlesinger tomorrow again and then hopefully I will be home tomorrow evening or Saturday morning if he gives the ok, I think he will.   I think I pulled something today when I vomited on the pain meds.  It really hurts, but it will get better.  I am doing overall pretty good so far.
Deanne

Arizonadck
on 9/10/08 11:25 pm - Chicago, IL
Hi Deanne!  How are you?  It's was nice to talk briefly with you the day before your surgery!  I've been asking Jeanna about you!  Are you back home yet?  How are you feeling - still sore?  How's the eating going - are you on a regular diet yet (or still soft)?  How much have you lost since starting the liquid 2 weeks before and a week since surgery?  I'm so happy for you!!  Welcome back!!!  I have mine in 4-1/2 weeks!  Take care - and keep up the great work!!!  Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 9/11/08 3:06 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Carolyn,
I'm not home yet, but hopefully tomorrow evening or Saturday I can get home.  I am feeling pretty good overall, I have a litle incision pain and I think I pulled something today when I vomited on the pain meds.  It is a little painful tonight.   The eating is going fine, I am on stage 2 with are the soft proteins, vegtables, etc. and I am doing well with the foods. 

What day are you having your surgery?  When are you flying in?

Your day will be here before you know it.  Take the best care of yourself now.
Deanne
Arizonadck
on 9/12/08 10:15 am - Chicago, IL
What made you vomit on the pain med?  That's scary!  Have you had a hard time sleeping in bed.  After I had my bypass I couldn't sleep in bed for 10 days - slept in my recliner.  That's the worse part of surgery.  What foods are stage 2 (what kiind of veggies are you eating)?  Glad you're doing ok - bet you can't wait to get home!  My surgery is Oct. 14th - flying in on the 11th.  The 12th we're taking a day tour to the Grand Canyon.  13th go see (and finally meet) Dr. S.  I'm so excited. I know as it gets closer I will be very nervous though.  You take care Deanne!  Keep me posted on your progress.  Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 9/15/08 5:01 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Carolyn,
I am doing much better today.  I think i gagged on the pain meds the first time, second time, I think I drank a protein drink too fast and yesterday I had the dry heaves and don't know what caused them.  Cynthia told me maybe I wasn't gettting enough water, she may have been right as I almost passed out at the grocery store yesterday getting some foods that I can eat.  I may have just over did it for my venture out of the house.  I did have pain when I was trying to sleep in the bed the first couple of nights, but did fine after that.  Jeanna suggested that maybe you rent a recliner chair for a few days when you get out of the hospital, she has all the information. 

Stage 2 veggies are pureed or overcooked vegtables, baby food consistency.  I know we sometimes try to push eating things before we are ready and I might have done that a bit, but I am back on track to the soft stage, I don't want to vomit again.

I am planning on going back to work the October 15th.  Your date will be here before you know it.
Deanne
Arizonadck
on 9/15/08 5:43 am - Chicago, IL
At least you can identify what the problem is and try avoiding a repeat.  Sounds like you're doing well!!  I can't believe you had surgery only 13 days ago and you're doing so much!!!  You must be a very strong person (physically and mentally)!  I hate baby food consistency food.  The hotel I'm staying at says they have a recliner in the room.  And when I get home I have a recliner.  I couldn't survive w/o one - after my bypass surgery I couldn't sleep in bed for almost 2 weeks so used the recliner.  Keep up the good work!  You're going to be my role model!!  Take care - Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 9/15/08 6:07 am - Tucson, AZ
Carolyn,
My room did not have a recliner in it.  It had a desk chair and a straight back chair.  Just make sure you room will have that.  If I had known that I would have gotten one of those.  Your room may have been different than mine.  I was in a very basic room.
Deanne
Arizonadck
on 9/15/08 8:29 am - Chicago, IL
Deanne - I'm in a suite for the 2 weeks - it's supposed to have a balcony as well.  I just didn't want to spend 2 weeks in a plain room - I needed room to move around.  And she gave me a good price (regular room $89/night and the suite $114/night on M-Thurs and $89 on Fri, Sat & Sun.  But I'll make sure it has a recliner in it when I check in.  Thanks!  Are you having any problem with the diet at all -- the soft food portion is going to be a problem for me - I'll do it but won't be a happy camper!  Take care!  Carolyn
Most Active