YAY ME!!!!

Monique H.
on 9/9/08 2:48 pm
I know it is only the first step in the process, but my surgeon finally told me he would put in for a revision to my insurance. I had RNY 4/2/07 after 6 months stopped losing weight. I went to the doctor in Jan. and he told me it may be a plateau and to come back in 3 months. Went to the doctor in April (my doctor is a 2 hour drive one way) and was just told to keep doing what I'm doing and come back in July. I went back in July and guess what he told me that he is going to keep watching me because insurance probably wouldn't approve a revision and I'm only a little over a year out even if I did stop losing weight and still had over a hundred pounds to lose. Well the lowest I got down to was 246 (for one day 248 other than that) and today when I went in I weighed 266. When I saw that number I couldn't keep the tears from streaming down. Then when the doctor came in and looked at my weight while asking me how I was doing once again the tears started to flow. He got up and rub my shoulder while trying to comfort me when the most beautiful words that I have ever heard in my life rolled gently off his lips. Shall we submit for a revision to your insurance. Before he even finished, yes please do, came out of mine. So 8 months later it finally may happen. I want to thank every one for all their words of encouragement and all the advice you have given me since I came to OH. You are much more supportive than the board that I use to be on. He told me he wants to make my pouch smaller and bypass more intestine which is just what I wanted him to do. He also said that if they deny it he will appeal. Today was one of the best days in my life. Please everyone pray that insurance approves me with no hassle and that I have a speedy recovery with no complications from surgery. I'm still afraid of death, but I'm also afraid of being this big for the rest of my life. Well thanks for being patient as I rambled on.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Arizonadck
on 9/9/08 10:18 pm - Chicago, IL

I'm so happy you don't have to wait out the rest of the year!  I know what you mean - I was just approved for a revision.  Even knowing it's going to be taken care of (in now 5 weeks) I still cry every time I get on the scale and see the numbers inching up!  I'm devastated.  Congrats Sweetie!  I will pray your insurance will cover it!  Keep us posted and take care - you're on your way!!

Monique H.
on 9/10/08 1:20 am
Thanks and congratulations on your approval also. I was getting so jealous of everyone who was getting approved and having their revisions thinking that my day would never come. Just knowing that I'm one step closer is so great. As far as that scale goes, I'm so glad my daughter broke mine. I was weighing myself every day and getting more and more depressed. It was horrible. I think we should stay away from the scale until after we take our place on the losers' bench again. Good luck on your revision and I'll be praying for you.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Arizonadck
on 9/10/08 11:34 pm - Chicago, IL
Cheers to your daughter!  I should break mine until after the revision!  It controls our moods!!  We will both end up on the losing bench - I'll keep you in my prayers!!  Thanks for your good wishes as well!  Just remember - your day will come and we'll all be so happy for you!!  Keep the faith!  Carolyn
PekinSal
on 9/11/08 7:21 pm - UK
Aww Monique I'm so pleased for you - you never thought the dieting thing was going to work, but they don't listen to us do they!

I hope it doesnt take long with your insurers and you get a date soon. Hugs

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

Monique H.
on 9/12/08 7:59 am
Thanks Sal. No they don't listen, but that's okay. When I spoke to the person that submits the paperwork she said the doctor has written it up and given it to her yet, but he should probably have it to her by the end of the week. You know the good thing is that once they submit it, my medical group usually only takes 24-48 hours to approve or deny. I'm praying for that approval. When they submitted for my first surgery I could of had my surgery two weeks later, but chose to wait a couple of weeks so I could go on a business trip. I have a feeling I'm going to be on the losers's bench again very shortly. Once again thanks Sal.
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/08 1:50 am
GOOD FOR YOU!

I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.

You are on the right track.  Spend each day getting yourself ready physically and mentally to have the surgery and BE SUCCESSFUL in your follow-through.

I am delighted for you!

Monique H.
on 9/15/08 2:30 am
thank you so much. I'm definitely trying to prepare myself. I got a little discouraged after the scale stopped moving for such a long time. I'm definitely trying to prepare my self once again for the journey that will last the rest of my life. I'm still crossing my fingers and waiting for insurance approval though. I'll definitely keep everyone posted on that. Thanks again!
Most Active