I'm a newby to this. But curious about Stomaphyx...

beautefatale031173
on 9/9/08 10:19 am
Hello everyone!
Here's a little about me. 35. Open Roux -en-y in 2003. Lost back then 120 lbs. I've been struggling ALOT with my weight. I've gained back almost 50lbs. I am NOT happy. When I started to see the weight gain, I started to workout more than I was immediately after my surgery (2 hrs EVERYDAY). But still I started gaining and gaining. It's depressing to see that all, that I went through to get there now is catching  up.  I had started to dringk diet cola again. But now I've majorly cut back (maybe 1-2 a week). I've started to do the protein shakes every morning, soup/salad  for lunch, etc. Did this for several months and NOTHING.Yes I have strayed from my new way of life. But this is a vicious circle. In other words I've tried everything I can think of. But with the weight gain. I feel tired more often. I see I don't have the same energy... I am NOT happy with myself. This is why I am considering the Stomaphyx. I would like to know. With this method has anybody REloose the weight gained after the initial surgery and kept on loosing to finaly reach your goals? I'm  5'0. My "normal" weight should be 100-115. Can this be possible or am i daydreaming?
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/08 1:56 pm - AZ
I have not heard one single positive about stomaphyx.  Everyone says the same thing, they lose about 20# on the post op diet and then regain it back. :o(

Have you considered a band after?  Band after bypass?

beautefatale031173
on 9/10/08 1:20 am
Thank you  for your response. Yes. I had thought about the lap band. I am just a little hesitant.
I have heard that even done as the primary weight loss tool., it can slip off. And I am a little affraid because I already had R-N-Y and the stomach is not the same.... I need to do research. Someone else replied about endoscopy Sclerotherapy so I am going to research that as well. I am not going to jump in anything without researching. Thank you again.
karenwhiting
on 9/13/08 3:52 am
 I had Stomaphyx on June 30th.  Everyone is different.  I went into this wanting to make sure this worked for me.  I have followed my doctor's orders to the T.  No pop, small meals, high protein.  I feel great and have lost 39 pounds to date.  It has been successful for me.  It is a choice as to what works for you.
beautefatale031173
on 9/13/08 3:58 am
Thank you Karen for your response. CONGRATS!on your success.!Keep up the good work!
I believe that I will be having this method done. I need to continue the research and get more info and find a surgeon in my area.
-Butterfly-
on 9/10/08 1:10 am
Hello!

I don't know much about Stomaphyx, other then my doctor says it doesn't really work.  I had Endoscopic Sclerotherapy and so far I love it!  I feel full a lot longer and I am down 5 pounds that I know of.  I get my second one soon, I can't wait! 

You might want to research that one instead of the Stomaphyx.  Its like the same thing, except with the Sclerotherapy, there is NO cutting, stapling or sutures! 

Good luck with whatever you decide!

~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs
Back up to 400 lbs - 2008

Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part one - 9/2/08
Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part two - 10/10/08
beautefatale031173
on 9/10/08 1:31 am
Hello butterfly!

Thank you for your response. I will look into the endoscopy sclerotherapy. I want soooo much to loose all this excess weight. I want to do whatever I can to achieve that goal with the tools that are offrered out there.

Thank you again.
Good luck with your weight lost and I will look forward to seeing your progress on the message board.
Most Active