Ok, so mebbe I need to swallow my pride...

Msdragonz
on 9/9/08 12:23 pm - NEPA, PA
I posted a while back something along the lines of I didn't want to go to a certain dctr because I didn't like his attitude when I approached him to do the first rny.(9 years ago)..mostly because he was really pushing the VGB which I did NOT want. So what did I do? Go to another dctr (your basic gastro guy) who gave me the RNY, sent me on my way, offered no follow up and viola-Here I sit gaining weight back, ready to have the same surgery again. Makes sense no? NOOOOOOOOOOO..it does not make sense..which is why I have been on the puter day and night doing research...and I have come to the conclusion that maybe I have to swallow my pride and go back to this particular to see what he thinks about giving me a DS- which to me seems like a more permanant solution. Ok, so I swallows me some pride...fight with my fingers that try to keep me from reading the 9-count em 9 pages of rave reviews on this dctr (coz I don't want anyone telling me I was wrong ..lol) 9 pages and not 1 bad thing to be said about this guy. Next thing I do is begin to read blogs by those who have had the DS by him and what do I find?? MORE RAVE REVIEWS!!! How humbling for me to say the least...
Sooo.. I sent him an email and I'm thinking about calling his office in the AM to make an appt. Who knows..he may not even want to do it for me, but I have to see for myself. (It's not like he would even remember me..it was like 1 appt forever ago..it's silly for me to be worried) I just can't shake this nagging feeling that having the DS would be the best solution all around for me. I guess my biggest worry would be if he would do it being that I already have an RNY pouch...who know...I guess time will tell. My insurance does cover it if it's medically necessary. (federal bc/bs)
So...I guess my next post will be when I find out more...
Thx for listening.
Robin
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/08 1:54 pm - AZ
Keep in mind that doctors can hide the negative reviews from public view.  They can't delete them from folk's profiles, but they can hide them from public view on their own MD profile.

Regardless, suck it up and go to him if you think he can help you. :o/

Msdragonz
on 9/9/08 2:04 pm - NEPA, PA
See- That's what I want to know...I didn't know they could hide the baddies. Anyways, I'm going to sound him out so I can make an informed decision. Thank you so much for your help! *sneaking off to check pplz profiles...*...LOL!
Have a great night
L&L,
Robin
Msdragonz
on 9/9/08 3:09 pm - NEPA, PA
Ok, so I am stoopid..lol...I went back to an earlier post I put on the DS board...read a reply to my post and found out that Dr Peters does not do rny to ds revisions.  Back to square 1
*DOH*
ShielaC.
on 9/9/08 3:21 pm
 You can still get your intenstines re-arranged with the ERNY which is what a lot of folks on here are having success with!
ImArustyRose
on 9/10/08 10:53 am - TX
If you can wait a bit go to GAGNER in Florida.  He is the bomb and he will take insurance without program fees and he will do it lap.   That is where I am going.

ARustyRose

PekinSal
on 9/11/08 7:18 pm - UK
Have a look on duodenalswitch.com for the list of revision surgeons and see who's nearest to you.

I don't think surgeons care what you think about them, and they probably have no opinion at all of you and your history, so I wouldn't waste much energy on feeling humble, embarrased, worried or anything else. In the end all they are interested in is doing a professional job and getting paid for it.

RNY to DS revision isn't a straightforward thing though, so you want to find someone who is really good at it who will give you answers. You may need more than one opinion, and in the end you may have to go for eRNY if your pyloric valve isn't working.

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active