BCBC federal blue? I want to have the DS.

ImArustyRose
on 9/9/08 11:43 am - TX

Has anyone here ever had a revision approved by BCBC federal blue?  I want to have the DS. 

ARustyRose

Msdragonz
on 9/9/08 12:31 pm - NEPA, PA
I am in the process of trying to get a revision myself. I also have the same insurance that you do. This is what I know so far: fepblue will cover it if it is medically necessary. They don't do preapprovals. They told me that I have to have the surgery and if it is proven medically necessary they will pay for it. (If you go to www.fepblue.org and click on benefits, scroll down to page 51 I think and it shows what is covered) After I heard that, I called me dctrs office and they told me that they have never had aproblem getting them to cover a revision, but there is certain paper work they do send in to cover their own butts. (not preapproval, something else) So basically, it just takes time. As long as you have a BMI of 40 or higher or 35+ with co morbidities (as listed in the benefits page 51) you "should" qualify. Of course you should do some investigation on your own to be certain-it's best to get your info first hand.
Anyways, that's what I was told so far- if I hear anything else I will get back to you~
Good luck and may we both get our DS's!
Robin
taraemerson
on 9/10/08 5:42 am - New Boston, TX
I have the same insurance as you, and my RNY revision from VBG is Oct 3rd.

If its medically needed which is from my understanding a BMI over 40 or 35 with co-morbidities, they havent had any turned down.

Also call the 800 # on the back of your card the folks ive spoken with are very patient and informative.

Good luck with your surgery decision.

ImArustyRose
on 9/10/08 10:45 am - TX

Such good news.  U have made my day.  Thank you both a  bunch,Now if I can get Gagner approved  by BCBS  soon I can get rid of this diabetes.

ARustyRose

Magyargal
on 9/13/08 12:20 pm
        We may have the same insurance company...My husband is a postal worker, over 35 years. We have BC/BS FEP 105. I was told by BC/BS just yesterday that they do cover it in many cir****tance's.  I Pray so...Also A good Doctor will know what is best for us.. He/she will know what to do to help us. 
  I  too am looking to have a revision. First one...I never you you could have it done, or I would have looked into it years ago. I had stomach stapling Feb 1992. I weighed 387.5 lbs. went down to 190 for a very short time like a week..but I did hold steady at 210 for years..Now I am at 242.8. I was up to 268. But started eating better due to diabetes..I wish you all the best..    Alizka
Most Active