Newbiie on the Revision board

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/08 5:47 am - AZ
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself. I was banded in March of 07. I've had nothing but problems the majority of the time.
I'm scheduled to have my band removed in 15 days.
I'm actually really excited about it too.
I'm not planning to have my band replaced (as of today) or any other surgery.

If you have had your band removed and no other surgery I would like to be your friend.
PekinSal
on 9/8/08 7:04 am - UK
Hi

Sorry to hear about your band - I was quite relieved to get rid of it too though, so I can understand your excitement. The op for me was quite short and fairly painless, but it was weird to be without it at first - I worked my way through the list of food I could now eat, and ate all of it!

Hope your op goes well, and welcome to the board

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

kaydora
on 9/8/08 1:44 pm - Paulden, AZ
Hi,
I was banded by Terry Simpson in August of '06. I desperately want my band removed. I have nothing but trouble and I don't feel the doctor is listening to me. I had an upper gi and endoscopy that didn't show anything, but I haven't lost any weight in over a year and have heartburn and a feeling of something stuck in my throat. I still have about 35 pounds to loose. I am afraid of gaining weight when I loose the band and I am afraid of problems with other surgeries? What is your experience and have you gained weight without your band?
Kay
PekinSal
on 9/9/08 7:10 am - UK
On September 8, 2008 at 8:44 PM Pacific Time, kaydora wrote:
Hi,
I was banded by Terry Simpson in August of '06. I desperately want my band removed. I have nothing but trouble and I don't feel the doctor is listening to me. I had an upper gi and endoscopy that didn't show anything, but I haven't lost any weight in over a year and have heartburn and a feeling of something stuck in my throat. I still have about 35 pounds to loose. I am afraid of gaining weight when I loose the band and I am afraid of problems with other surgeries? What is your experience and have you gained weight without your band?
Kay
Nah, like Van I've lost weight without my band because I had another operation instead! If your op isn't working then revision is an option to consider - you won't be alone on this board.

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

slugworth
on 9/9/08 5:43 am - Stanwood, WA
I had a revision to the mini gastric bypass 1 year ago. I started at 387 and now I am 312.

-Van
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/08 2:11 pm - AZ
I had that sucky evil band removed 3 months ago and revised to VSG.  Best damn thing I ever did.  I have lost 132#, I do not intend to do that again so I was revised to VSG when my band was removed.

I haven't heard great things about Simpson.  He's actually just down the street from me but I opted to go to MX for my original band and my revision.  If I had it all to do over again I'd still chose the same surgeon.

I was thrilled to have the damn thing removed!  I hear you there!

brandyII
on 9/11/08 10:38 am
I was banded in 8/07 and it was a total mistake and never worked like I had expected it to.  I gained back the 20+ pounds I'd lost on the 5 week liquid diet and felt really wonderful about that as you can imagine.

I'm now getting chest pains and am waiting for an upper GI on Monday.  I'm hoping it may help in getting the removal of the band done sooner and also be covered by insurance.  I spent the weekend in the hospital to rule out heart and my heart is healthy!  Good times!!

Anyway I too do not want to revise as it is too extreme and don't want to put myself through any more.  I can live with myself as I am and during this post-op year of searching "why I was screwing up" or "why the band wasn't working for me" I've come to read some interesting books on weight and self esteem issues and found them to be helpful.  Naturally I'm still a woman who lives in this society that judges us by our size but I think I know a bit more about myself now than I did prior to banding.

Good luck to you on your removal, I hope mine will come sometime in the near future too.  brandyII.
Most Active