Failure any suggestions?

jordyn92
on 9/7/08 7:10 am - Oceanside, NY
has anyone had there procedure considered a failure?
If so what were you told?
Were there any options your doctor had for you? and if so what were they?

My Gp told me about getting a revision( if that is the term) done. They go in thru the throat and add a few more stitches to your stomach.

Has any one heard of this or had it done?

I have had medical problems unrelated to the surgery and the med have made me gain 1/2 my weight back and I am on my way to getting all my medical problems back that the gastric bypass cured
1- High BP
2- high Cholesterol
3- back pains
4-arthritis
5 the most worrisome that made my decision easy to have the surgery Diabetes

Howard
mew6495
on 9/7/08 9:27 am - MI
 I had RNY in 2001 and have regained quite a bit of my weight back.  I am going for a revision to an ERNY.  In this procedure they shorten the common channel for greater malabsorption.  This helps with the long term weight loss success.

Sounds like they want to do the stymophyx (sp?) or the Rose on you.  From what I am reading there has not been very good success with the stymophyx.  The Rose is still so new there are not a lot of long term results back yet.

There has been a lot of information posted here about these procedures.  I would suggest doing some further research on these as well as other revision options.  I know I would hate to go through an additional revision just to end up back where I started......Good luck to you.
MsBatt
on 9/8/08 6:14 am
If you've regained half your weight, you might want to consider to revising to a different procedure altogether. Visit the DS board---there are a LOT of folks over there who've been revised from the Band or the RNY to the DS, with wonderful results.
Most Active