Anyone approved for revision with BMI of 33 or lower?

Ca_girl
on 9/6/08 8:57 am - McKinney, TX
Just curious...

mew6495
on 9/6/08 11:32 am - MI
 My insurance said they will approve revisions as long as they are medically necessary regardless of BMI.  If it is a 1st time WLS their requirements are that you have to meet the BMI criteria.  However, they will not give me pre authorization.  So I am taking somewhat of  a risk.  They will just confirm that my plan covers revisions and that it must be medically necessary.  
Vicki PNW
on 9/7/08 5:42 pm
One of my friends had a BMI of only 15 at the time of her revision.  It was a life-or-death situation.  Her current BMI is around 20, which is at the low range of "normal".

Her insurance covered much of her revision, since it was considered "medically necessary".

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Zee Starrlite
on 9/8/08 5:09 am, edited 9/8/08 5:10 am
 UNLESS your life/insides aren't being threatened by the LB, you'll have to pull out your wallet and pay cash money for your revision and especially if you want a VSG.

Good Luck,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/08 2:44 pm - AZ
i didn't have time to wait for ins to determine if I could have a revision, I was sick.  I got a revision at a BMI of 20 or so.  Best thing I ever did.  (Band to sleeve)  Cash pay in MX.

Ca_girl
on 9/9/08 3:05 pm - McKinney, TX
Can I ask how much your cash pay was in MX?  I would definitely consider that...
Would you recommend your Dr?

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/08 3:08 pm - AZ
On September 9, 2008 at 10:05 PM Pacific Time, Ca_girl wrote:
Can I ask how much your cash pay was in MX?  I would definitely consider that...
Would you recommend your Dr?
Revision is $9500 - $12,500 depending on the type.  I went to Dr. Aceves.  He did my band and when I wanted a revision I wouldn't have gone to anyone else.

Call or email Renee, his coordinator.

[email protected]

602 670 3498

She can at least give you info and prices.

Most Active