good revision surgeon

mis42
on 9/6/08 6:24 am
I just came back from Dr. Alvarez having a lap-band removed & was hoping to revise to a sleeve. He removed the lap-band but said I had too much scar tissue to ever have a sleeve. Well, I will allow myself months to heal but I,m looking for an excellent revision surgeon prefably in the South. Please relay your experience with revision.

Mis
PekinSal
on 9/6/08 8:35 am - UK
Hi Mis

It might help to look on duodenalswitch.com - not because you are looking for a DS, but because the revision surgeons on there do revisions from everything to the sleeve part of the DS. They might be more open to giving you options.

Best of luck

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

SophieGrace
on 9/10/08 4:32 am - IL

Dr. Daniel Herron, Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.

Best there is.

I had a MESS.  Fistula, hiatal hernia, numerous adhesions.  The assistant surgeon said they opened me up and about cried.  But in four hours Dr. Herron fixed it all.  I am doing GREAT.

I live near Chicago where there are good surgeons, but I think Dr. Herron is the best.

Just my opinion.

SophieGrace 

mis42
on 9/10/08 7:30 am
Thanks for the info, I will research Dr. Herron.

Mis
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/08 8:35 am - AZ
What if you look for a surgeon that has many years of OR experience?  Dr. Alvarez may be good but he is still quite young.  Maybe find someone with 20 years of experience, you might have more luck.

Most Active