I'm getting a revision to DS!

Kerry J.
on 9/5/08 12:48 am - Santa Clara, UT
Sept. 18, with Dr. John Rabkin. Wow wow wow, I've got to get cracking to be ready to roll by then.

Here's a link to the thread over on the DS board:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/action,r eplies/board_id,5357/cat_id,4957/topic_id,3718965/
PekinSal
on 9/5/08 12:55 am - UK
Congratulations sweety!

I know its been a bit 'touch and go' what you could have, but you've got a good surgeon there and a pair of safe hands.

Hardly enough time to freak properly though!

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

Kerry J.
on 9/6/08 3:47 am - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Sal,

Yep, I had pretty much given up on being able to get a DS, so having that option come so soon was quite a shock. I'm used to the idea now and just getting my ducks in a row so I can be ready in 12 days. I got the freakin over yesterday, it's all gung ho now.

Kerry
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/08 1:11 am, edited 9/5/08 2:26 am - AZ
Kerry,

I am so happy for you that you got Dr Rabkin to do your revision to a DS. I am glad your not going out of the country. I think you have a good surgeon and will have proper follow up. Please keep us posted on your surgery.

Dawn
Kerry J.
on 9/6/08 3:50 am - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Dawn,

Well Barb is really happy too, so it's all good. It's a bit more money, but not enough to be a problem.

I'll try to keep you posted, but my angles Larra and Laurie usually just post on the DS board, so most of the news will be there when I'm coming out of surgery.

Kerry
ginau
on 9/5/08 2:23 am - mesa, AZ
Congratulations !!!   that is wonderful news .  You will need to keep us posted.  thats a very fast date .  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Kerry J.
on 9/6/08 3:51 am - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Gina, yes it's pretty fast, but it should work out just fine unless I have some unknown health problem.

Kerry
Arizonadck
on 9/6/08 1:11 am - Chicago, IL
Congratulations!  I know it's been a struggle for you - I'm so happy you're staying in the country!  You just got a quick date!  I wish you all the best - keep us posted!  Carolyn
Kerry J.
on 9/6/08 3:53 am - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Carolyn, it has been a bit of a roller coaster, but things are coming together nicely.

Kerry
Most Active