Met with dr. Lautz about revision

sweetchef
on 9/4/08 1:51 pm - West warwick, RI
So thanks again for everyones helpfulness.  I met with Dr. Lautz and we chatted about a revision, I originally wanted to see about a band over my rny but he said that because my stomach was completly disected (sp?) he would really have a way to wrap any stomach around the band and that it would have to be really high up and that greatly increases the risk of reflux.  He asked me to go to Dr. Thompson and have him tighten my lower opening via an endoscopy and that way I would stay full longer.  He said if for some reason Dr. Thompson feels like I am not a good candidate or have limited success, then we would do a complete revision but laproscopicly.  I am pleased with our meeting and the best part is my date is for September 19th!!! I am happy to get back on track. He also said Dr.Thompson just got an update on one he did a while ago and the man had a loss of 80lbs.  I'd be very happy with that kind of a result.  Talk to you all soon. xo 
-Butterfly-
on 9/4/08 2:06 pm
Congrats!  I just had that done so if you have any questions feel free to ask!  Good Luck!
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs
Back up to 400 lbs - 2008

Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part one - 9/2/08
Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part two - 10/10/08
NeedhamGal
on 9/4/08 10:23 pm - MA
Glad you are happy with your visit.  Doc Lautz is the man! 

I'm glad he's my doc.

Joan
mipo1
on 9/15/08 11:13 am - Lowell, MA
I had the Restore (clinical trial) procedure with Dr Thompson for  dilated stoma. It didn't hold for me.   I have an appt in Dec with Dr Lautz to discuss a revision of the rny I had in 1998.  Dr Thompson suggested the Rose procedure but my Insurance excludes it.  They may not cover a revision either but  I have to try.   Dr Thompson is very nice by the way.
Most Active