Met my surgeon for the first time yestereday!!!!!

latinasoi
on 9/3/08 5:09 am - Orlando, FL
I met Dr. Robert T. Marema, he is a wonderful, wonderful surgeon.  Down to earth, real, informative, reassuring, thurough, I could keep going.  He agreed that I need a revision of my RNY.  He will be making it totaly new. It's like being gutted out.  He plans on making the stoma and pouch smaller, eliminate my diseased staple line, my staples are all exposed. He is also going to make sure that they bypassed enough intestine, so I could achieve maximum weight loss.  And he might eliminate part of the old stomach.  Now starts the torture..."WAITING ON THE INSURANCE TO APPROVE"  Wish me luck, on this my new journey.

Annette,Orlando, FL
ginau
on 9/3/08 5:16 am - mesa, AZ
Annette

It's going to happen, You have a good reasons why its needed, The waiting is the hardest part ! But It sounds like you got a great Dr with a  PLAN !!!  and thats a bigger battle , ya gotta believe in your Dr ..  Now you need to take one day at a time and start getting ready for Surgery .... protein loading , exercise to improve lungs ..  You know the drill !!!

Your going to be on The loosers side again soon !!!   make sure to pick out that special outfit as  you start setting  goals again ..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

latinasoi
on 9/3/08 7:24 am, edited 9/3/08 7:28 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Jeanna!!!! How's it going? How's your revision coming along? Boy do I hope my insurance agrees to pay for the revision, the Dr. said he would study the file thoroughly and see if he could submit it as an emergency.   You mentioned "Protein Loading"  What do you use? My sis tells me to try the shakes, I never have. I don't think I ever ate properly after my first RNY.  My sis does not like the whey shakes, and I cannot use anything that is diet because I am allergic to Aspertame (NUTRASWEET).  This time around I really plan to go by the book. Or atleast I will hope to.
ginau
on 9/3/08 1:21 pm - mesa, AZ
Annette

If you have a Trader Joes - or any good nutrition shop you can pick up some egg protein powder or aspartame friendly  drinks .   Or just stick to atkins induction phase.. Lots of  good protein - I swear it helped me heal faster. and I felt really good .  

I Thank Joyce for turning me into a protein guru !

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

mew6495
on 9/3/08 8:33 am - MI
 Hi Annette,  It is so wonderful you have found a GREAT Dr.  That is so important!  Sounds like the insurance shouldn't be a problem when your reason for the revision is so obvious.  Keep the faith.  I know it will happen for you.  I'll bet you are getting more excited with each and every step....if he submits as an emergency then you may be looking at being on the other side of this by the end of this month!    Keep us posted.  I will send a prayer your way.
latinasoi
on 9/3/08 12:03 pm - Orlando, FL
Thank you so so much for all of your well wishes. Not been feeling to good the evening, got that annoying stomach pain again.  It makes me misserable. But I'm hanging in there. I willl keep you posted.

My_Time
on 9/3/08 9:40 am - Bangor, ME

Great for you Annette.  All the luck on the insurance thing.  I'm so bad at patience.

Carolyn

latinasoi
on 9/3/08 12:05 pm - Orlando, FL
Thank you Carolyn, I can use all the votes of confidence I can get.  I suck at patience as well, it just gives me "ANXIETY" UGHHHHHH

MARCIAM
on 9/3/08 12:32 pm - Sayville, NY
Good luck Annette! I know that you will get approval... Just have confidence and refuse to give up!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Gwynn M.
on 9/3/08 3:41 pm - Tucson, AZ
Good luck to you Annette!!  I am in the same boat, waiting for an approval.....oh wait, thats not accurate.....I was denied...and NOW I'm doing an appeal....yes, thats what I meant...LOL!!

So my point is......don't give up!!  Thats what they (support angels) keep tellin' me so try to keep positive and it will all work out in the end!!

Best, best wishes for a QUICK APPROVAL!!

Gwynn
Most Active