EGD Report

stephisav
on 9/3/08 11:51 am - oceanville, nj
Does anyone understand the language in the Endoscopy Reports?  I had the EGD performed in 05' and just picked up a copy of the report. I have a consult tomorrow with Dr. Mehta in NJ. After the Egd in 05' The Gastroentoligist referred me to the Bariatric Surgeon in my area.  He was relatively new in bariatrics, but had performed a lot of surgeries.  When I met with that surgeon, he had told me that I do need a revision and that he doesn't clean up other "doctors messes". Today I read the report and it states "complete breakdown of the gastric bypass surgery". There was also other common issues like GERD, ulcers, Hiatel Hernia, etc.  Please comment if you have had a similar report or know anything about these reports. I am curiose to see what Dr. Mehta's recommendations are.  Thanks for any info!!
latinasoi
on 9/4/08 4:42 am, edited 9/4/08 9:56 am - Orlando, FL
Hello, I'm no doctor!!!!! But it soundslike the surgeon you saw was no professional, if those were his exact words "CLEANING UP OTHER DOCTORS MESSES."  Doesn't it make you think that maybe, Dr. He or She is not the right surgeon for you?  I had a bad experience with a doctor, he turned out to be a total A*****E, if you  know what I mean. So I searched on this site and found another, and he's great.  So take it as a sign.  If doctors can transplant organs, do open heart surgeries, implant artificial limbs.  How hard could it be to correct a breakdown of your past surgery???  All the other things you mentioned Gerd, etc., etc, are very common. I believe that a true Bariatric Doctor will not overlook it, but it won't phase them either. Use this site as a tool, many people do it.  It is truly a blessing.  Good Luck on your Journey.

Annette, Orlando, FL
ginau
on 9/4/08 8:04 am - mesa, AZ
Actually  there are a few Dr's out there known  for making a "Mess " of a Gastric  Bypass .. Lucky is the person who finds a surgeon that is a good " Clean Up Man"  - Even if they do  have  ATTITUDE about it !   

I know  when anyone undergoes another Gastric Surgery  it's hard on their body and Mind - But the up side is when your plumbing is   Finally  CORRECTED !!! You get to loose the Pounds .   Feel better about yourself.  and start living life  again.

I am sorry if I sounded harsh ...   after hearing some revision stories ... think some good people have had some ugly  surgeries done.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

latinasoi
on 9/4/08 10:01 am - Orlando, FL
Jeanna, sister, as always you hit the nail on the head!!!!  Because of people like you on this site, is why people like me feel confident.  You always keep it real, and that's what I lke about your advice. You were one of the first ones on this site to help me get through. You truly are an ANGEL

Much Love..... Annette

ginau
on 9/4/08 2:45 pm - mesa, AZ
Stop !!!   I am turning red !  Your so sweet. I am trying to pay it forward, I feel very lucky that we get a second chance  and we need  to be respectfull and  gracious  cuz not every Dr wants to touch us ...   Its like going in and redoing  another persons tax return ! can be a big mess or easy as adding a decimal ..  Ya just never know

I just read her original post ...  Sounds like she has some scar tissue  to deal with , Hernia can be result of a Laproscopic  surgery ( they way they use the instruments )  Sounds like surgeon  is going to be in fact cleaning up some stuff .. But it will be done and she too will be sitting with us  on the Bench .. 

I am getting excited about your  big day !!  what are you doing to get prepared?   I grabbed a big bag of pre-made meatballs and some  bbq sauce for a work lunch ... Protein load !!!  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Gwynn M.
on 9/5/08 3:12 pm - Tucson, AZ
Jeanna!!  How I LUV the way you put things!!  I agree with Annette whole-heartly when she says that you have been an ANGEL on these boards!!  YOU were also one of the first PEEPS I paid attention to here...............You are just so sincere!  I'm GLAD you're ON MY SIDE...thats for sure!!

I look forward to the day when I too can FINALLY GET MY PLUMBING CORRECTED!!    Man, you put it SO WELL!!

I will be having my FIRST endoscopy on Sept. 15th with Dr. Schlesinger to see what's goin' on in my PLUMBING!!  Besides this horrible hernia!!

Gonna see you soon!
Gwynn
stephisav
on 9/8/08 3:08 am - oceanville, nj
Thanks for the info and the support. I met with Dr. Mehta and he indeed have an answer to my prayers. I just have to go thru all of the pre- surgery fun again.  But who cares!! I can't wait.  I just hope my insurance pulls through.  I am wondering if he puts in for the hiatel hernia and ulcers and such if that should be able to push the envelope with bcbs.  Lets hope so!!

Good luck too you!!!
Most Active