OPINIONS

MZ DEAN
on 9/3/08 1:13 am - ROMULUS, MI
Hello everyone, haven't been on as much since the wedding preparations are consuming all free time.

The surgery tech called this morning and gate me a date for next week to have my conversion procedure and I am really happy as I have been waiting for this.

Now the dilemma is I may have to postpone it since my wedding is Oct. 4!

My question is...How long did you require to heal after your procedure....RNY...and should I postpone it until after my wedding.?

Eating cake is not my issue as I don't like bday and wedding cakes...but I do want to dance and enjoy my guests!

Success comes in CAN, Failure comes in CAN'T. Never say NEVER!

-Butterfly-
on 9/3/08 1:30 am
Congrats on the Wedding Plans! 

I wasn't able to do much of anything for about a month and a half after my RN-Y!  I however had complications and healed later then a lot of others.  Its different for everyone, but I woulnd't have been able to dance for at least 3 months after my surgery.... Good luck to you! 
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs
Back up to 400 lbs - 2008

Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part one - 9/2/08
Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part two - 10/10/08
MZ DEAN
on 9/3/08 1:32 am - ROMULUS, MI
THANKS............

Success comes in CAN, Failure comes in CAN'T. Never say NEVER!

Arizonadck
on 9/3/08 2:00 am - Chicago, IL
That's only 4-1/2 weeks.  I was for 5 weeks - wasn't 100% until the 7th week!  I would definitely wait - you don't want to ruin your wedding.  How exciting!  Have a beautiful wedding and I wish you all the best.  Keep us posted on what you decide to do!  Carolyn
shel
on 9/3/08 3:35 am - Howell, NJ
that is a tough decision.  would you be able to do very little but recover from next wee****il the wedding date?  or do you need to be functional and get it all done before?  I would probably wait until after the honeymoon if I were you, since you have been waiting anyway -- a few more weeks would not hurt.
mew6495
on 9/3/08 8:57 am - MI
 Is it open or lap?  either way, it takes a good 4 to 6 weeks to get a good start on the internal healing process.  To heal fully it takes months but most are 90% functional again after the first 6 weeks or so.  If you are looking for opinions, I would agree with the majority of the others who have posted.  Wait until after the wedding.  After all you never know what might come up and it is not worth the risk.  Besides you will probably need every bit of energy between now and then just for the preparations.  

CONGRATULATIONS on the Wedding!  I hope everything turns out wonderful for you and your mate!
Most Active