Any RnY folks who had an RnY revision?

M. Hall
on 9/5/08 3:19 am - Norcross, GA
I had Rny done in 2002 it was a very hard recovery for me , it was done open. My revision was done by the same Doc June 17 2008 ERNY plus a band it was also open. I did catch a slight infection but was in and out of the hospital in 5 days. By the 10th day I was headed to Washington, D.C. for my family reunion. Lost 25lb that 1st month. Its coming off slow but im ok with that. My energy level is superb! I prayed for a speedy recovery and to not have gone thru what I went thru the first time and my prayers were answered.
dsnydi
on 9/5/08 3:32 am
I'm curious, why did you have a band put in this time around? 
M. Hall
on 9/6/08 9:24 am - Norcross, GA
With my first surgery  my Doc was a real stickler for the Fobi pouch, but I didnt have the extra money to pay for it so I ended up with the RNY. When discussing the revision I didnt exactly know that he would put the band on from the Fobi pouch. He said he might!  Only thing I definitely knew was that he would extend the intestine and create a new pouch. That band is the only reason why you have to pay the extra fees for Fobi pouch Wls. Anyway I didnt have the money this time either but I honestly think that because of everything that I had gone thru with my first surgery he really wanted me to be happy this time. And I am grateful to him for that. I had a rough surgery recovery the first time around. I can say that maybe the first month  I threw up alot because I had to learn everything all over again. Im good now! I can eat meat and everything with no problem. Thats why when people ask what wls did you have I say Fobi/ ERny or band/ERNY (if that is the same band that everyone complains about with the fills)
skinny_cyndi
on 9/7/08 8:02 am - Mahwah, NJ
I had a revision to my original RNY in February of this year. I had my frist done in March of 99 and it was done open. My revision was done laproscopically. The recovery this time around was much better and went back to work about 2 weeks sooner. My highest weight was 350 in 99 and my lowest has been 135. I gained back up to 196 before my revision, and am almost seven months postop on 9/27/08 and now weigh 143. I had a mechanical failure of my first surgery, a fistula and an ulcer as well. Everything is going well now for me, and I have had no major issues except for some major heartburn about 3 weeks ago. They scoped me and found nothing wrong, as a matter of fact my surgeon was impressed that my new pouch is the same size as it was in February when he remade it for me. I didn't have my common channel lengthened, but an still doing well. i wish you luck!
dsnydi
on 9/7/08 9:38 am
This is pretty much just what I was looking for.  I'm so glad things are going well for you this time around.
My original open RnY was done in Nov. 99 so we're on the same timeline almost.  

I may be sending you an email soon.  Thanks! 

skinny_cyndi
on 9/7/08 12:00 pm - Mahwah, NJ
Please feel free to message me anytime if there is anything I can help you with
Most Active