I will be heading to Arizona...

runnergirl
on 9/3/08 12:41 pm - Canada
 Yipee!!!! Let the count down begin, it's exciting and scary too!!
Arizonadck
on 9/4/08 1:48 pm - Chicago, IL
I'm very excited and nervous!  I don't mind traveling out-of-state but having to stay there for 2 weeks and not in the comfort of your own home is hard (after my bypass I couldn't sleep in my bed for 14 days - I slept in my recliner.  I won't have my recliner with me.  The hotel said they have one in the room so I'm hoping it's comfy!  But I'm positive about everything.  The biggest hurdle was getting approved for this...  Everything else is minor in comparison!  Thanks for your good wishes!!  Carolyn
ShayZ
on 9/4/08 11:11 pm - Somewhere, TX
Congratulations, I hope to follow your route!  Have fun in AZ too, the last time i was there it was June .  October has got to be better.
Arizonadck
on 9/6/08 1:04 am - Chicago, IL
Thanks so much!  I wish you the best!!  Where is your status - are you waiting for insurance approval?  I love AZ - been there many times.  I'm going out a few days before surgery and am going to take a one-day tour of the grand canyon - I do it everytime I go.  Hoping it is much cooler when I go!  Keep me posted okay!!  Carolyn 
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/08 2:14 am - AZ
Carolyn,

Congratulations !! You will just love Dr Schlesinger. He is so caring and nice. I had my ERNY just July 2,2008. We will be looking out for you when you come in Oct. Please keep us posted.

Dawn
Arizonadck
on 9/6/08 1:09 am - Chicago, IL
Thanks Dawn!  I can't wait to meet Dr. Schlesinger!  I like him so much already - he's been very supportive - even though I haven't met him - he's been great with answering questions, his guidance and everything.  How are you doing?  Diet-wise:  what is your typical daily diet like?  Are there any foods you definitely cannot have?  And what about vitamins - what do you take on a daily basis?  How are you feeling?  Do you have diarrhea?  Thanks Dawn!  Take care!  Carolyn 
Most Active