I will be heading to Arizona...

Arizonadck
on 9/2/08 10:26 am - Chicago, IL
I will be getting my ERNY on Oct. 14th w/Dr. S in AZ.  And I just made all my travel reservations!      Whew!  Now I can just count down!  I'm so excited!  Thanks everyone for your support!  Carolyn   
Gwynn M.
on 9/2/08 12:15 pm - Tucson, AZ
Carolyn!!  I'm SO excited for you!!  I hope your plans went smoothly?  May I ask if you found a hotel close by.....the one that most people seem to use when they come from anywhere besides Phx.!!??   Will you have some family/friend support people with you???

I'll be counting down for you too!  It's encouraging to me to hear how many people are coming through with flying colors!!  But then, you have THE most capable surgeon in these here PARTS!!!    Dr. Schlesinger is one compassionate and capable surgeon!  You will be in the best hands!!

Keep us posted!!  You'll be in my thoughts........

Gwynn
Arizonadck
on 9/3/08 2:07 am - Chicago, IL
Thanks so much Gwynn!  I haven't even met Dr. S yet.  I've had email exchange with him (when I first read his ABC's of Revisions I PMd him - and his responses were so full of compassion and concern and knew if it didn't work out w/the doctors here I was going to travel to AZ -- and that's what happened!).  I had a phone consult w/him and spoke to another patient of his - Gina/Jeanna.  I'm coming out there 3 days before - want to take a Grand Canyon tour before surgery.  My brother, sister and mom are all coming with me (they're all wonderful support - plus they love AZ and kind of making a vacation out of it.  I'm staying at the Hampton Inn (Jen recommended it) for 2 weeks.  Then we'll drive to Flagstaff to catch the Amtrak to head back home.  Thank you for your thoughts and good wishes and for everything!  I'll definitely keep you posted.  Carolyn
MARCIAM
on 9/2/08 4:29 pm - Sayville, NY
Congratulations Carolyn! I am so happy for you! Wishing you the best of luck from Marcia in New York!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Arizonadck
on 9/3/08 2:08 am - Chicago, IL
Thank you Marcia for everything!!  And I'm wishing you the best too!!  Carolyn
JRinAZ
on 9/3/08 6:06 am - Layton, UT
Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo!  Carolyn!

That means you'll be here recouping during the O.H. event!!!!  We can scoop you up and get you over to the event for the 20th!!!!!  When you get tired, we'll just park you in someone's hotel room for a quickie nap!!!  LOL!

I am sooooo excited for you!  You will definitely have a visitor after your surgery!!!!  ME!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ginau
on 9/3/08 6:44 am - mesa, AZ
Joyce

Her surgery is in Oct .  I tried to get her here for the event already.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Arizonadck
on 9/3/08 10:11 am - Chicago, IL
I so wish I was there for the event - but that's in Sept and my surgery is in Oct.  I would love to meet you!!  Thanks for the good wishes!!  Carolyn
mew6495
on 9/3/08 8:59 am - MI
 WOOOO HOOOO!  Congratulations!  Perhaps we will be there around the same time....I talked to Jen today.  We are very close to setting a date!  I am excited for you, keep us updated.
Arizonadck
on 9/3/08 10:12 am - Chicago, IL
Cool!  It would be so neat if you went while I was there!!  We could share a protein drink!!  Congrats!  Carolyn
Most Active