Question for people who had lapband removed

JSIL
on 9/2/08 3:20 am
In the area under wear the port used to be...I have a hard lump?  Does anyone else have this, could it be scar tissue or did he leave part of the port in??  Sounds dumb, but it is a hard spot!

NeedhamGal
on 9/2/08 3:40 am - MA
I don't have a lump...I used to but they took the port out. 
I do have my biggest incision there....and it is the darkest of them all.
I would have it checked out ....to make sure if it isn't your port...and find out what it could be.

Joan
m.espoir
on 9/2/08 5:10 am - NJ
I didnt have a lump either, but a large dark scar, where a hernia finally developed and started to pop out a little due to the compromised integrity of that muscle. My surgeon says it is THE most difficult place to fix a hernia. uuughhh.
"Don't expect.......Suggest." ......–The Edge
Lap Band 2/26/03---lost 80 pounds!
FAILED (Erosion/emergency removal) 4/4/07, Gained ALL weight back 8/29/07 
Approved for DS 10/09/07

DS performed successfully 10/29/07
1st Hernia repair and vertical TT 1/15/09
2nd Hernia repair and small vertical TT 12/27/2010
HW  SW   CW   GW       240 225 159 135
(5ft.2in.)

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/08 3:57 pm - AZ
Did it hurt like a buggar after surgery?  Feel like that muscle was on fire?  Was your port area the most painful in the recovery process?  If so, my best guess is that it was removed. ;o)

babsintx
on 9/2/08 10:30 pm - GA
Hi,

No hard lump, just a big scar where they removed my stomach, band and port.

Babs

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/08 1:20 am - Brampton, Canada
Could be scar tissue, or a fat nodule.  Best thing is to ask your surgeon to send you for testing to see what it is, (like an ultrasound or such.)
JSIL
on 9/3/08 11:49 am
Thanks for everyone's replies.  I called my surgeon today, he said it could be either liquid that has turned hard, will go away after 6 weeks.  It could be a hernia, but it doesn't hurt...so??  Also, he said there could be something still in there, but he is almost 100% sure there is nothing in there.  He seems to think the hardness will go away, it seriously feels like the port but deeper.  I have to call him in 6 weeks if there isn't any change.

piscesbandster
on 9/4/08 4:10 am - New York, NY
VSG on 08/18/08 with
I am almost 3 weeks out of my revision to VSG and I swear I still feel the port from the Band. I figure its swelling. How far are you out? That is weird that your doc kinda sounds like he is not sure. Get it checked I will keep an eye on mine too!

JSIL
on 9/4/08 11:25 am
I had my band out on 8/19.  I didn't get my revision to VSG yet, plan on it in the fall.  I love my surgeon, he just seemed a little shocked at what I said to him.  I seriously keep trying to grab it like I used to do to my port.  It just seems very buried.  Weird!

piscesbandster
on 9/4/08 12:56 pm - New York, NY
VSG on 08/18/08 with
Why didn't you do 1 step? I gain fast, can't be w/o something for too long. Don't get comfy :)

Most Active