9/9 Revision Surgery of 9/2/1986 RNY- Fistula, Hernia

robyns410
on 8/31/08 11:56 pm - Boynton Beach, FL
In 1986 as an early RNY patient, my weight went from 411 to 190 in one year. Two yrs later lost 40 more lbs during a divorce.
Hence the development of my divorce diet. In the past 6 mons I gained 50 lbs and a distended stomach. I went to see a doctor because I thought the pain, distension and hard stomach wall were all from a hernia.  Within a week, I found out I have a fistula.  Next week I am having the fistula repaired, hernia removed and pouch slightly modified.  I am relieved to know that there was a medical reason for the changes that have occurred this year.  I am much looking forward to feeling better.
brenbrit58
on 9/2/08 4:07 am - Milton, FL
That really good news and that means relief in many ways. Good luck.
Brenda.

robyns410
on 9/2/08 5:51 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Thank you so much for your good wishes.

May you continue your success.

What county in Florida do you live in?  Your surgeons name sounds familiar.

Robyn
Nita515
on 9/2/08 9:44 pm
Hi Robyn,

I also had a fistula and my pouch was stretched.  I had it repaired  just one week ago today. I am finally feeling human again the first week is hard. But it is really great to know what was wrong with you and know that it can be fixed.  Good Luck
robyns410
on 9/3/08 3:15 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Thanks,  good luck to you too.

Robyn
Emma K.
on 9/15/08 2:51 am - Greenville, OH
how did u know u had this fistula what systoms did u have ?  I have tummy pain all the time and no one can find out what is causing them.
robyns410
on 9/15/08 5:40 am - Boynton Beach, FL
did you have an endoscopsy?    that is how they found out I had a fistula.  I had pain in my stomach all the time from a hernia.
When I told the doctor I had recently gained weight and the shape of my stomach changed he was pretty sure I had fistula.

Most Active