I'm a candidate!

rebeccaford
on 8/31/08 1:57 pm - Honolulu, HI
I met with Dr. Carter at Madigan on Thursday and he definitely said let's do the revision from the VBG to RNY (150 mm).  My severe acid relfux and the toll it's taking on my body is the main reason I want it.  Even if I didn't lose a pound, this reflux is getting worse every day and I need some relief. 

I liked Dr. Carter a lot.  He drew me lots of pics and spent the time to answer my questions.  He wants me to get back into therapy and attend a nutrition class.  He knew my surgeon Dr. Weber and had only good thing to say. 

Not sure how soon I get that done, but if I can have the surgery in January-February I think I'll be good.  He can revise my scar, too, so I can wear a bikini.  Oh yeah right :-) 

Anyway, just wanted to share...I felt no shame for the first time in a very long time about my regain and my overall body image. 

Becca

Arizonadck
on 9/1/08 9:53 am - Chicago, IL
Congrats - sounds great!!  And you never know - the bikini might be on the horizon!!  It's great that you have the self-confidence in yourself and have a better body image - that's a huge step and is so important!  So many of us feel guilty about the regain which affects our body image (and a lot of it is due to doctors).  But when you meet the right doctor who assures you the fault is not yours then you know you found the right doctor.  Congrats on that.  You're on your way!  Keep us posted!!
rebeccaford
on 9/1/08 12:25 pm - Honolulu, HI
Thanks for your nice note.  It felt good not to be "blamed" for the regain.  Like I said I do take responsibility for poor food choices, but the VBG just didn't work for me. 
Arizonadck
on 9/3/08 10:34 am - Chicago, IL
We all make bad food choices at times - we're only human!  Never blame yourself!!   This time will be a new road to success!
rebeccaford
on 9/1/08 12:24 pm - Honolulu, HI
oops...  I meant 150 cm. 
Most Active