Anyone have Kaiser and had a revision??

banderson
on 8/31/08 8:32 am
I had a gastric stapling 25 yrs ago and want to have a GB.  I went to Kaiser and they told me they don't do revisions and none of the other Kaiser's do either.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Thanks,  Barb
KRWaters
on 9/1/08 5:48 am - Manteca, CA
I am thinking here that you go to Kaiser and see what they say and appeal, appeal, etc. The DHMC (Dept of Managed health Care) will turn around their decision. I am not sure at all of the facts involved, but if you come to the DS forum and ask Diana Cox, she will steer you in the right direction and on top of that, consider the DS where you are browsing over there.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

KRWaters
on 9/1/08 6:19 am - Manteca, CA
I did forget to ask first if you live in California? I think they are the only state? that h as the DHMC appeal to go to.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

MiracleNana50
on 9/2/08 2:37 pm - Turlock, CA
 To my Manteca neighbor,
Hi, I am in Turlock, Ca..Had RNY in 2001..Started at 280 before surgery and got to 175 ..never to my goal of 135..It is 7yrs later and am now 225...So scared to gain all back..Was looking online for revision surgery too. I have Kaiser too..They say they don't do it, but I am willing to fight..Can you hook me up. HELP!!!! God bless, Cyntjia
MiracleNana50
on 9/2/08 2:38 pm - Turlock, CA
Sorry my name is Cynthia....
Most Active