newbie to revision site..had my revision on august 27th

Nita515
on 8/30/08 11:55 am
Hi

I am not new to OH but have been lurking as of late and haven't really been active in years. I had my original RNY in April of 04. I had a revision done last Wednesday august 27th.  I am feeling okay and trying to keep hydrated. It was not as hard as my prior surgery because they only re sized the pouch and moved my original stomach that had somehow re attached.

I am just trying to keep positive and continue to work this tool. I had mechanical failure as well as I didn't always do the right things. I am going to try and work much harder this time.  I have heard that revision weight loss is much slower.  I guess I will find that out for myself.

I would appreciate any advice or tips that anyone has.

thanks

Nita
Margie McQueen
on 8/30/08 12:55 pm - Sebastian, FL

Hi Nita - your post was so what I needed to read tonight!  I had RNY surgery in Feb 04 - I have regained 50 pounds in the past 1.5 years... Had surgery in KY but have recently moved to VA - I met with a DR who could do a revision but I was not heavy enough!  I am now!  I will be going back to see him at the end of the month... have you ever heard of a lap band being done after a RNY?  I have heard the Realize Band is effective... I just need help - I do not want to go back to the 300 lbs plus days... hope to hear from you! - M

Nita515
on 8/30/08 11:47 pm
Hi,

I have heard of a lap band after RNY. But I have not done any research into how effective it is.  i think you just need to do your homework and make the best choice for you. My RNY had malfunctioned and my original stomach had stuck on to my new lil pouch and both were working. I had surgery in April of 04 and lost consistently down to a 120 lb loss.  then my weight loss stopped and i quickly gained 70 lbs back before it slows down.  My upper GI test confirmed that my other stomach was still working and attached and my pouch had stretched to 2 or 3 times it's original size.

Try and read what people that have had a lap band after RNY are saying.  Also ask your doctor a zillion questions if you have them. And, check to see if your insurance will cover this before you make your decision.

I will keep in touch and check in on you.

Nita
getinther
on 9/1/08 5:37 am - AL
Good for you!  I am having a revision to my VGC(1996) on 10/15/08!  I am sooo excited.  I never lost more than 80lbs the first time.  i am looking forward to some positive results this time.  I am more knowledgeable and have more support.  Best of luck to you!
Most Active