Dr. agrees that I need a Revision!!!!

latinasoi
on 8/30/08 8:35 am - Orlando, FL
Well I knew that my weight gain and stomach pains weren't normal.  Since 4/05/08 I have gained 33 pounds. And since my bypass in 3/2005, I have gained close to 50 pounds.  At this time I am gaining close to 3-4pounds a week, AND I hardly eat.  The stomach pain does not go away any more.  A day does not go by with out pain.  And to top all things off, I AM A INSULIN DEPENDENT DIABETIC NOW!!!!! I had my EGD done By Dr. Koppman at Flagler Hospital and he found that I have an enlarged stoma and Foreign Bodies on my staple line.  Dr. Koppman told my sis, I need an actual Revision of my Gastric Bypass Surgery.  There will no change of surgey type.  I was told I have a "MECHANICAL FAILURE".  I hope it gets approved by my insurance and I can go back to life without the stomach pains and the additional weight!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/08 9:17 am - Orlando, FL
hang in there sis...hopefully soon you'll be back to normal, or at least close! keep your head up and have faith in the man upstairs. 

p.s. we'll take good notes on tuesday
Cynthia Johnson
on 8/30/08 4:33 pm
Hello, I'm glad you are checking this out early on.  I gained all 100 lbs back, but I found a wonderful Dr. here in AZ that got me on track.  Down 22lbs and lots of inches since 7/1/2008.  Sizes 20 pants from 24rs.

Keep on moving forward and take back everything and more!!
Cynthia
calling on size 6 to spring back to size 10.
KRWaters
on 8/31/08 9:11 am - Manteca, CA
Please check out duodenal switch surgery (the DS we call it) before you make your final decision. Especially with a mechanical failure, your insurance should probably yes would approve you for a DS this go-round. Come to our DS forum or check out duodenalswitch.com for more update info and DS docs. You will be glad you checked it all out first.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

latinasoi
on 8/31/08 12:00 pm - Orlando, FL
Thanks for the referral, i will definitely check it out.  My sister and I talk about this DS, is it true that it much more effective for Gastric Bypass Revisions?
KRWaters
on 8/31/08 12:36 pm - Manteca, CA
Yes, definitely more effective. I wish I had done it first. Now revisions are more complicated and more risky, more chance for a leak. If you get an experienced DS revision doc, you shoulld be good to go. Postop the issues are the same as RnY. I am so glad to see you on the DS board.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active