Intro

Msdragonz
on 8/30/08 3:33 am - NEPA, PA
Hi Everyone!
My name is Robin and I am currently in the process of trying to get a revision-hopefully DS. I am so glad to have found a place of support online. When I had my RNY 9 years ago, it was bascially snip-and 8 days later I was released with no discharge info-following the lunch they sent me- A HAM SANDWICH AND FRUIT CUP!!!  I can laugh a bit now but they really didn't know much back then- at least around where I live. (in NEPA) The only follow up was to remove the 57 staples and that was it.
I lost almost 90 lbs and have gradually been gaining weight back. I actually had resigned myself to the fact that there was no hope and I had to just accept the fact that I was out of options. That was before I was given the name and # of a very AWESOME clinic and met the surgeon 3 days ago after an upper endoscope. He told me there was hope and that he would do all he could do to help me. He told me that he would follow me for life after the surgery. (Not just 1 follow up appt like the last surgeon)  I see him Wed-Sept 3, 2008 where he will lay out all of my option and we'll proceed for there. Fingers crossed about the insurance. I checked out my plan and while it does cover pretty much all gastric bypass/malabrorbtion surgeryies, I worry that this will be considered a prexisting condition. (I had another insurance company for the original surgery) So here's hoping. I will just keep praing about it and hope that it's God's will for me to have a revision.
Thanks for listening!
Robin
KRWaters
on 8/30/08 4:36 am - Manteca, CA
I am also hoping to get the DS and my insurance, Medicare, approved me with no problems. Most insurance companies, not all, have followed suite and approve WLS revisions with no problem, and the insurance companies are following suite as medicare says that the DS is not experimental. Now I say not all, but a good many are on task with authorizing the DS. You must go to a DS surgeon for sure, not an Rny or lapband surgeon, and do not ask one of those about the DS. They will say foul-mouthed things about the Ds, why? Just because they do not do it and know zilch about it. There was an old version just called the BPD, and there were definite problems with that, but now it is an updated version done for 20 years. Come to the DS forum and ask the vets about it.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Msdragonz
on 8/31/08 12:54 am - NEPA, PA
Thank so much for your response. I am so grateful for this site and the information it and it's members like you provide. I am on my way to the DS forum soon and hope to see you there:)
Most Active