You can call me .... Stinky, smelly fartie tartie

ginau
on 8/29/08 6:09 am - mesa, AZ
Ok Ladies of Revision ... 
  Any of ya having the Stinky  issue ???
Ya know smelly gas soooo bad it peels  the paint of the walls ??

The flagyl works pretty  good  at keeping it calm  most of the day and then  the last couple hours of the day -- WHEW  turn on the fan , light a candle , open all the doors .... 

I must say  I go though periods and it is getting better.  But  I wan to hear from you all ...
What do you do ???

I am thinking I need to eliminate all carbs and spices from my diet. ??

Give me your imput please !!!   D.S'ers toooo   - I know you have input

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

-Butterfly-
on 8/29/08 4:05 pm
I so have this issue!  After having the RN-Y, its just been bad!  When I use to travel the country  with my husband (was an OTR semi driver) I dreaded going to the public restrooms to do the duty.... the comments and reactions were so horrible!     

People can be really mean and nasty about that issue!  I just remind myself that it all comes with the package of trying to get healthier!  Stink and all! 

I've not noticed it getting better or worse with any specific food/spice, other then refied beans.... HOLY MAN!  But, then we get into painful gut searing gas pains!  I don't dare touch onions anymore either.... talk about M A J O R sob-inducing pain in the belly!!!!  lol 

What a wonderful topic... hehehe
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs
Back up to 400 lbs - 2008

Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part one - 9/2/08
Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part two - 10/10/08
melinda C.
on 8/30/08 2:36 am - hamilton, Canada
My I suggest eating or drinking a probiotic yogurt, it puts the good bacteira where it needs to be... lol... in the intestines and it will help with the smell of gas and what ever else, I have to do it every day sometimes I add it to my protein shakes. Dont give up it takes awhile to start working maybe a few days to a few weeks.
ginau
on 8/30/08 3:36 am - mesa, AZ
OH MY GO****hink you hit the nail on its head ...... I had just stopped taking one a couple weeks ago ... My PCP  told me to take 3 tablets while I was on antibiotics - Helps keep yeast infection away .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

latinasoi
on 8/30/08 6:24 am - Orlando, FL
Oh My GOD!!!!!! My sis and I thought we were alone on this issue!!!!! Man can the gas be toxic.  I tell my daughters not to use the restroom after me cause it can be hazardous to your health!!!!  It's like a Chemical Plant in your system... WHY IS IT SUCH A BAD ODOR???????????
Susie221
on 8/30/08 8:29 am - UK
Yes I have this problem as well ,my son says I let off  TNT's .... and I find it happens whatever foods I eat ,I also think that the pro-biotic drinks do help some ,by the way ,you should be taking the pro-biotics  after your course of Flagyl ,( so I was told ,sorry if that is contrary to the advice you have had ? )
By the way I have not had a revison ( as yet )  but did have a distal Rny originally
Susie x
Most Active