I JUST GOT APPROVED FOR MY REVISION

Arizonadck
on 8/29/08 5:32 am - Chicago, IL
Jen called me a short time ago to give me the good news!!  I'm having an ERNY by Dr. Schlesinger in Phoenix.  I'm just still in shock.  She just submitted it to insurance less than 2 days ago!  So here I was thinking it would take 2-6 weeks and then probably get denied (since my original RNY 5 years ago was denied and I had to cash-pay) and then thinking about an appeals attorney.  I can't believe it!  This weekend I'll work on making my travel plans for sometime in October (going from Chicago to AZ and staying there for 2 weeks).  I want to thank everyone on this forum.  I did all my research using this forum from everyone's advice and tidbits of good info.  And I found Dr. S on here - I was having terrible luck w/doctors in my area.  Last March I was devastated that the ROSE didn't work on me.  But it is so true - when one door closes God opens another one.  And that door opened up to all of you, Dr. S and Jen - my hero!!  Thank you everyone!  Carolyn 
tulagirl
on 8/29/08 8:45 am - Schenectady, NY
Congratulations.  You must be so excited and all the other emotions that go along with it.  Keep us posted with updates. 

I hope I am right behind you with an approval.

Tammi
Arizonadck
on 8/29/08 8:55 am - Chicago, IL
Thank you so much!  I still can't believe it.  I'm on such a high!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get your approval!!!  Thanks again!  Carolyn
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/08 10:39 am - Brunswick, ME
Congratulations Carolyn!! I am really happy for you. I will be having a revision with Dr. S in early November. I'm excited for both of us!!

Angie in Maine
Arizonadck
on 8/30/08 12:39 am - Chicago, IL
Thank you Angie!!  When you go where are you staying - at a hotel?  I'm looking into all my options now (Jen recommended the Hampton Inn and they quoted me a good rate for October).  I haven't set the date yet - lining everything up and then will confirm with Jen next week.  Do you have a date yet!  It's so exciting!  Especially to talk with someone who will also be travelling to see him (my family thinks I'm crazy to go out of town - they all say in a big city like ours and you have to look elsewhere. - they don't understand.  Especially once I spoke to people about Dr. S and then spoke w/him I knew I was making the right decision.).  It is exciting!  Keep in touch!!  Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 8/29/08 11:30 am - Tucson, AZ
Carolyn,
I just want to say congratulations to you.  Remember you are in great hands. 
Deanne
Arizonadck
on 8/30/08 12:40 am - Chicago, IL
I know you're right.  I've never even met Dr. S. but after talking with him (and many others on this forum about him) I know I made the right decision!  Thank you so much!!  Good luck to you on Tuesday!!!  Carolyn
mew6495
on 8/29/08 1:04 pm - MI
 CONGRATULATIONS!  
What wonderful news.  I am so happy for you!  Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Arizonadck
on 8/30/08 12:41 am - Chicago, IL
Thank you so much!!  This weekend I'm just looking into my travel arrangements so I can confirm a date with Dr. S by early next week.  Thank you!!  Carolyn
MARCIAM
on 8/29/08 1:49 pm - Sayville, NY
Congratulations! Good luck to you!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Most Active