Five months out and ahead of target (cross post)

PekinSal
on 8/28/08 6:59 pm - UK
Seems more like five minutes than five months, but since the op:

- I've lost 60 pounds,
- I've lost over 50% of my excess weight, one month ahead of target
- Dress size has dropped from 24 to 16 (4 sizes)
- HbA1C has gone from 9 pre-op to 4.3, cholesterol has dropped to 3.2
- I'm off all the diabetic and blood pressure meds
- I have no clothes to wear, and it's great!

I love what this surgery has done, with the smallest amount of effort on my part. At this rate I will be at target weight by my first surgiversary - pretty amazing when the last time I was that weight was about 30 years ago!

DS revision from failed lapband

Susie221
on 8/29/08 1:32 am - UK
Hi Peckin
Thats fantastic  news ! bet you are feeling very pleased with yourself !
Very best of luck to you
Susie xxx
PekinSal
on 8/29/08 4:29 am - UK
On August 29, 2008 at 8:32 AM Pacific Time, Susie221 wrote:
Hi Peckin
Thats fantastic  news ! bet you are feeling very pleased with yourself !
Very best of luck to you
Susie xxx
Mainly relief Susie - second time lucky!

Arizonadck
on 8/29/08 3:02 am - Chicago, IL
How fabulous!!  Congratulations big time!!  I love it - no clothes to wear and it's great.  It's amazing.  As I was getting smaller after my RNY my clothes were so baggy on me and I loved it -the baggier the better!  Such a wonderful feeling.  Now of course my clothes are getting snug but I'm working on that (looking into a revision).   Keep it up!!  Carolyn
MARCIAM
on 8/29/08 1:55 pm - Sayville, NY
Congratulations Sal! I am so happy for you!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

KRWaters
on 8/30/08 4:42 am - Manteca, CA
HI Sal, so you slummin over here, huh? I know you have done great and I hope to be in your shoes so very soon. Keep up the good work.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

PekinSal
on 8/30/08 8:11 am - UK
On August 30, 2008 at 11:42 AM Pacific Time, KRWaters wrote:
HI Sal, so you slummin over here, huh? I know you have done great and I hope to be in your shoes so very soon. Keep up the good work.
LOL I wouldn't call it slumming - preaching to the unconverted possibly! I hope you get switched soon too, you've had a long wait

sal

Susie221
on 8/31/08 12:43 am - UK
Hi Sal
I have just read another post about a lady having accidents after eating high fat foods... and the same happens to me ,does that apply to the DSers as well? I remember you saying that it helps ?the fats I mean ?
Or should we be avoiding them with extended/distal rny ? My Dr says to cut out fat so I will lose weight ,NOT THAT I DO EAT A LOT OF HIGH FAT FOODS  TO EXCESS BY THE WAY
Susie x
PekinSal
on 8/31/08 3:26 am - UK
On August 31, 2008 at 7:43 AM Pacific Time, Susie221 wrote:
Hi Sal
I have just read another post about a lady having accidents after eating high fat foods... and the same happens to me ,does that apply to the DSers as well? I remember you saying that it helps ?the fats I mean ?
Or should we be avoiding them with extended/distal rny ? My Dr says to cut out fat so I will lose weight ,NOT THAT I DO EAT A LOT OF HIGH FAT FOODS  TO EXCESS BY THE WAY
Susie x
Hi Susie

I don't think it happens to most DSers, certainly not once they are out of the immediate post-op phase anyway. I've never had a problem with fat - I've had more issues with carbs, particularly white flour (which kept me on the loo for 40 mins last night because the chocolate fingers looked so good in the packet...)

Fat keeps most of us 'regular' I think, and mostly we don't count fat, just protein - makes it easier to get the protein in if you aren't having to worry about the butter its cooked in! My diet list said 'low fat' too, but I think thats because so many doctors and nutritionists trained on the proximal RNY and don't know anything differerent. You could try introducing fat into your diet slowly and see what happens.

Sal

Most Active