lapband to RNY revision??

deanne75
on 8/27/08 9:46 am - Ottawa, Canada
Revision on 12/10/08 with
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site, and am hoping to have lap RNY revision to my lapband.  I haven't had great success with my lapband, so i need to move on.  I have had the band for 8 years now, and am a little nervous about surgery, and complications.

I have read Gloria's insightful message, but would love to hear more experiences.

thanks so much.
deanne
GregNE
on 8/27/08 1:41 pm - Omaha, NE
I am also going to have a lap-band revision, but to a DS instead.  It is often called  the platinum standard. 

Personally, I don't want to revise to a RNY then in 3 years as the weight comes back, look for a third surgery.  The DS has mch better results after 3 years, and no dumping!
MARCIAM
on 8/27/08 2:43 pm - Sayville, NY
I had my lap-band removed last Wednesday due to severe reflux and vomiting. Now I'm waiting for my surgeon's office to schedule my revision to RNY.  You are not alone!  Good luck to you!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

KRWaters
on 8/30/08 4:53 am - Manteca, CA
Check out the DS. Just to be sure you get what you really want.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

LABELSANDLOVE
on 8/27/08 11:26 pm - EXPORT, PA
I am having the band explanted and the RNY done at the sme time. I don't have a date yet, but I am told that it will be in September.

My first year with the band was great but it all went downhill from there!

Karen
KRWaters
on 8/30/08 4:54 am - Manteca, CA
You can get the rnY done if you really want, but did you check out the DS first so you know all your options?

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

NeedhamGal
on 8/28/08 12:29 am - MA
I had my band taken out 7/8 weeks ago.   I am happy I did.  My band had a leak and I opted for the conversion rather than a replacement.  Eating with the RNY is much easier than the band. It does allow you to be more compliant .  Joan
gurlygurl
on 8/28/08 2:23 am
hello everyone!

I also had the band and ended up with many side effects and the worst part was little to no weight loss.  I couldn't eat what I needed to eat to lose weight(chips and crackers went down fine, no salad, chicken or veggies though)........so much stuff made me sick, I hated it!!  On April 8, 2008 I  had my band removed and RNY done.  Since then I have lost 62lbs to date.  It has not been an easy time because of the side effects from the band I also developed a stricture (something that will prevent you from swallowing food and if it is really bad even saliva).  My doctor who was absolutely great had me scheduled for an endoscopy and long story short after being dilated a few times now I can eat.  The one thing I would tell you is to be realistic.....of course there could be side effects, you are having another surgery but as long as you do your part and eat the right things you will have weight loss!  For me that was the most important thing.....to lose weight and be healthy! 
Good Luck to you.....if you have any more questions feel free to ask!!

mrsedaddy
on 8/28/08 2:44 am - Spring, TX
I am having my EGD done tomorrow.  The band has been horrible for me.  I am leaning more towards the DS for my revision - there's pros and cons with each one.  Stomach cancer runs in my family, and I'd rather not have a blind stomach.  Best wishes to you!!
Charlene C.
on 8/28/08 5:32 am
I am also having a revision from band to rny....I had my stress test done today and next is lab work then on to the insurance comp whom I've been told was very good at approving revisions when medically needed. I'll post my date when I get it and hope I can find a surgery buddy!!

Hugs
Charlene
Most Active