My StomaPhyx plan and experience

stephisav
on 9/3/08 12:04 pm - oceanville, nj
Please keep us posted. I appreciate all your feedback.  I can't wait to hear what Dr.Mehta suggests.
HoopersJudge
on 9/4/08 4:06 am - hamilton, NJ

Post Op Day 9

I had to make a change last night in my food plan. I was hungry so I added a 1/3c chili pureed. It agreed with me this time, I guess that shows I am healing. This brought my total daily values for yesterday to 900 cals, 14g fat, 71g carb, 126g protein.

Again, I remain very tired despite getting sound and restful sleep last night. So, I treated myself to a strong coffee this morning, which was somewhat helpful. I have my post surgery followup visit with my surgeon and my nutritionist today. I am eager to hear their feedback on my progress and my food plan and will provide the full report tomorrow.

My weight remains the same today, 191lbs. I should be walking!!! But alas, I have been very tired, as I keep noting in my posts. Perhaps I need to increase my water intake... I will discuss this with my surgeon and my nutritionist today.

With regard to the consumption of the chili, which has a tomato base, and the coffee... the patient literature from EndoGastric Solutions, makers of StomaPhyx and EsoPhyx (for GERD), state that tomato and tomaato-based products and coffee should not be consumed by EsoPhyx patients. Unfortunately they do not have literature nor guidelines on their web site for StomaPhyx patients. A few days ago, I sent an email to their marketing director asking for clarification. I also sent a similar email to their CSR. Much to my great disappointment no one form the comapny has responded to me. It is possible that since EsoPhyx is for GERD correction that coffee and tomato are contra-indicated because they are acid-producing... possibly they are OK for StomaPhyx patients and I wanted to confirm that with them. This also is something that I will bring up with my surgeon and nutritionist today.

here is my meal plan for today:
early morning: 8oz coffee with 4 Splenda and .33c half and half
B: 1 scoop Syntrax whey nectar lemon mixed with 3tsp magnesium citrate, 2 tbs Peter Gillham's liquid vitmins, and 1/2 serving Profect protein bullet.
L: 1tbs natural p butter, 1 scoop ON gold standrd whey chocolate, 1/2c soy milk blended together
D: 1/2c turkey chili no beans pureed
Metabolic: .33c lowfat vanilla yogurt with 1 scoop ON gold stanrd whey chocolate

This provides 854 cals, 25g fat, 47g carb, 112g protein

HoopersJudge
on 9/5/08 8:41 am - hamilton, NJ

Post Op Day 10

I had my follow-up with my surgeon yesterday. It seems that my pre-surgery weight was higher than I thought, as stated in their records, and I have lost 13lbs in my first week.

My physician said that he does not want me to eat pureed chili or yogurt this early in my recovery because they are too heavy. The staples are weak and can pull out easy. Geez, I sure hope that I haven't ruined anything down there. This just goes to show how little information and education is available on this surgery as evidenced by my nutritionist was not being aware of this protocol. EndoGastric Solutions needs to do a much better job of educating clinicians!

So lst night I did not have any chili but rather had pureed edamame and split pea soup -- it was tasty!

I also met with my nutritionist and she said that my headaches could be caused by my carb grams being below 60. She suggested that I add a glass of soy milk... or I could add veggies, which I am missing very much.

Here is my plan for today... I am not feeling very hungry today and consuming everything will be a challenge...

B: Syntrex whey nectar with magnesium citrate and liquid vitamins, vit B12.
S: Iced cappucino with soy milk and Splenda.
L: ON gold standard whey chocolate with peanut butter and soy milk
S: 2 sugar free ice pops
D: 1 scoop Syntrax whey nectar, 1/2 profect bullet, 1/2 c raspberries, pureed

This provides 787 calories 23g fat 50g carbs 104g protein

HoopersJudge
on 9/5/08 3:10 pm - hamilton, NJ
THIS POST HAS BEEN MOVED TO http://survivingchubby.blogspot.com/ PLEASE VISIT THIS FREE ONLINE RESOURCE CENTER FOR LIFETIME OBESITY MANAGEMENT USING GASTRIC BYPASS, STOMAPHYX AND BEHAVIOR CHANGE. THANK YOU.

Most Active